DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 298

Thread: [Release] kovicon hybrid (icon pack)

  1. Senior Droid
    leftbrain99's Avatar
    Member #
    26924
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    112
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #91
    Thanks for the extra help on Folder Organizer. It seemed intuitive enough, but between fishing in the dark and the multiple steps required, it's easy to miss something and get a little frustrated. It took me a while to realize that I didn't have AndExplorer installed, so that option took me to a dead end and it wasn't obvious why.

    Where do you place the icon folder so that the gallery displays them?

    Also, I rather like having these streamlined icons on my homescreen, but the stock developer icons in the app tray. Market apps do that as a side effect of their installation, but is there a way to force this with the system apps as well?
  2. Senior Droid
    vinnard's Avatar
    Member #
    17222
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    134
    Phone
    Droid
    #92
    I'm loving these icons. Thanks a bunch!
  3. Developer
    Koveleski's Avatar
    Member #
    29099
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poughkeepsie
    Posts
    1,116
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #93
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post
    Thanks for the extra help on Folder Organizer. It seemed intuitive enough, but between fishing in the dark and the multiple steps required, it's easy to miss something and get a little frustrated. It took me a while to realize that I didn't have AndExplorer installed, so that option took me to a dead end and it wasn't obvious why.

    Where do you place the icon folder so that the gallery displays them?

    Also, I rather like having these streamlined icons on my homescreen, but the stock developer icons in the app tray. Market apps do that as a side effect of their installation, but is there a way to force this with the system apps as well?
    To do it with the system apps, you'd have to do their icons the same way you are doing the market ones, via FolderOrganizer or similar. It would mean not using the metamorph initially to apply them. If you wanted to do this after the fact, you'd have to go download the "stock" icon pack (from DE's main thread) to revert the changes you already made and then proceed forward.

    As for where to place the folder, you could put it anywhere on your sdcard that does not have a ".nomedia" file in it. On mine its in /sdcard/media/icons.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  4. Senior Droid
    leftbrain99's Avatar
    Member #
    26924
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    112
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #94
    Got it. That makes complete sense. Thanks. I'm having a rough week and my thinking and reasoning skills are suffering dearly, I think.
  5. gospursgo2002's Avatar
    Member #
    76654
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    99
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #95

    apps in the launcher

    Ok so I figured out how to use file manager to change the icons (in the donated version) its super easy. But when you click on the launcher icons are still the same. I'll be satisfied with the shortcuts looking right because this is all that ultimately matters, but is there a way to change the way the launcher icons look as well.

    Running bugless .01
    black ice 1.3
  6. Developer
    Koveleski's Avatar
    Member #
    29099
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poughkeepsie
    Posts
    1,116
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #96
    Quote Originally Posted by gospursgo2002 View Post
    Ok so I figured out how to use file manager to change the icons (in the donated version) its super easy. But when you click on the launcher icons are still the same. I'll be satisfied with the shortcuts looking right because this is all that ultimately matters, but is there a way to change the way the launcher icons look as well.

    Running bugless .01
    black ice 1.3
    Only if you change the png file inside the apk and move them all to /system/

    In short, there's no easy way to do it until a launcher dev decides to include that as a feature.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  7. gospursgo2002's Avatar
    Member #
    76654
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    99
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Koveleski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gospursgo2002 View Post
    Ok so I figured out how to use file manager to change the icons (in the donated version) its super easy. But when you click on the launcher icons are still the same. I'll be satisfied with the shortcuts looking right because this is all that ultimately matters, but is there a way to change the way the launcher icons look as well.

    Running bugless .01
    black ice 1.3
    Only if you change the png file inside the apk and move them all to /system/

    In short, there's no easy way to do it until a launcher dev decides to include that as a feature.
    Ok thanks once again not a huge deal, Im just trying to play catchup since I just started rooting again.
  8. Master Droid
    jbrock98's Avatar
    Member #
    50526
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    615
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #98
    ok i have better cut and when i go to change the icon for root explorer i click icon pack and it says icon pack not found do i want to install one from the market, how do i get it to find the icon pack....all i did was put the icon pack file i downloaded on my sdcard am i suppose to extract it or anything?
    Last edited by jbrock98; 06-15-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
  9. Developer
    Koveleski's Avatar
    Member #
    29099
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poughkeepsie
    Posts
    1,116
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #99
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrock98 View Post
    ok i have better cut and when i go to change the icon for root explorer i click icon pack and it says icon pack not found do i want to install one from the market, how do i get it to find the icon pack....all i did was put the icon pack file i downloaded on my sdcard am i suppose to extract it or anything?
    It's not an "icon pack" in the applications terms. You have to navigate via gallery to the folder.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  10. Master Droid
    jbrock98's Avatar
    Member #
    50526
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    615
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Koveleski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrock98 View Post
    ok i have better cut and when i go to change the icon for root explorer i click icon pack and it says icon pack not found do i want to install one from the market, how do i get it to find the icon pack....all i did was put the icon pack file i downloaded on my sdcard am i suppose to extract it or anything?
    It's not an "icon pack" in the applications terms. You have to navigate via gallery to the folder.
    how to i get it in my gallery? its not just in there automatically after i put on my sdcard...right?
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone know what icon pack this is...
    By garrett in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 07:54 AM
  2. Icon pack download help
    By stangdroid in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 01:18 AM
  3. icon pack
    By carlo987 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 07:33 PM
  4. Creating Your Own Icon Pack?
    By Breezer23 in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
  5. Icon Pack Help
    By Tanknspank in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 09:07 AM

Search tags for this page

adw icon pack
,
adw icon packs
,
froyo icon pack
,
hybrid icon
,
hybrid icons
,

kovicon

,

kovicon hybrid

,
kovicon hybrid icon pack
,
kovicon hybrid icons
,
kovicon icons
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+