DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: [Release] kovicon hybrid (icon pack)

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks for the extra help on Folder Organizer. It seemed intuitive enough, but between fishing in the dark and the multiple steps required, it's easy to miss something and get a little frustrated. It took me a while to realize that I didn't have AndExplorer installed, so that option took me to a dead end and it wasn't obvious why.

Where do you place the icon folder so that the gallery displays them?

Also, I rather like having these streamlined icons on my homescreen, but the stock developer icons in the app tray. Market apps do that as a side effect of their installation, but is there a way to force this with the system apps as well?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm loving these icons. Thanks a bunch!
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftbrain99 View Post
    Thanks for the extra help on Folder Organizer. It seemed intuitive enough, but between fishing in the dark and the multiple steps required, it's easy to miss something and get a little frustrated. It took me a while to realize that I didn't have AndExplorer installed, so that option took me to a dead end and it wasn't obvious why.

Where do you place the icon folder so that the gallery displays them?

Also, I rather like having these streamlined icons on my homescreen, but the stock developer icons in the app tray. Market apps do that as a side effect of their installation, but is there a way to force this with the system apps as well?
    To do it with the system apps, you'd have to do their icons the same way you are doing the market ones, via FolderOrganizer or similar. It would mean not using the metamorph initially to apply them. If you wanted to do this after the fact, you'd have to go download the "stock" icon pack (from DE's main thread) to revert the changes you already made and then proceed forward.

As for where to place the folder, you could put it anywhere on your sdcard that does not have a ".nomedia" file in it. On mine its in /sdcard/media/icons.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Got it. That makes complete sense. Thanks. I'm having a rough week and my thinking and reasoning skills are suffering dearly, I think.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

apps in the launcher

Ok so I figured out how to use file manager to change the icons (in the donated version) its super easy. But when you click on the launcher icons are still the same. I'll be satisfied with the shortcuts looking right because this is all that ultimately matters, but is there a way to change the way the launcher icons look as well.

Running bugless .01
    black ice 1.3
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gospursgo2002 View Post
    Ok so I figured out how to use file manager to change the icons (in the donated version) its super easy. But when you click on the launcher icons are still the same. I'll be satisfied with the shortcuts looking right because this is all that ultimately matters, but is there a way to change the way the launcher icons look as well.

Running bugless .01
    black ice 1.3
    Only if you change the png file inside the apk and move them all to /system/

In short, there's no easy way to do it until a launcher dev decides to include that as a feature.
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Koveleski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gospursgo2002 View Post

Running bugless .01
    black ice 1.3
    Only if you change the png file inside the apk and move them all to /system/

In short, there's no easy way to do it until a launcher dev decides to include that as a feature.
    Ok thanks once again not a huge deal, Im just trying to play catchup since I just started rooting again.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    ok i have better cut and when i go to change the icon for root explorer i click icon pack and it says icon pack not found do i want to install one from the market, how do i get it to find the icon pack....all i did was put the icon pack file i downloaded on my sdcard am i suppose to extract it or anything?
    Last edited by jbrock98; 06-15-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrock98 View Post
    ok i have better cut and when i go to change the icon for root explorer i click icon pack and it says icon pack not found do i want to install one from the market, how do i get it to find the icon pack....all i did was put the icon pack file i downloaded on my sdcard am i suppose to extract it or anything?
    It's not an "icon pack" in the applications terms. You have to navigate via gallery to the folder.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Koveleski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrock98 View Post
    It's not an "icon pack" in the applications terms. You have to navigate via gallery to the folder.
    how to i get it in my gallery? its not just in there automatically after i put on my sdcard...right?
    Go Vols!!! follow@jbrock98
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Links