DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoogleVoice Updated-BROKEN THEME

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

GoogleVoice Updated-BROKEN THEME

GoogleVoice just came out with an update and broke the theme...now I have BOB (black-on-black) text in the app and cant read a thing. I tried re-theming it, but it causes the app to misalign text badly & then FC's. It gave me a weird launcher icon too

Has anyone else with GV experienced this?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    You had to start a new topic for this? Yes, the app was updated. Yes, you were silly to apply the theme which is for the previous version without checking to see if it was compatible. Yes, we will update the theme for the new version as soon as xeudoxus is off his death bed. Yes, it means you might have to choose either to A, not upgrade or B, deal with readability issues.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Koveleski, I started a new topic because I wasn't sure if you all wanted issues in seperate threads or centralized In the main release thread. That thread has blown up quiet a bit and could be hard to keep track of user issues or for users to sift through that many pages to find their relating issue. I was actually trying to make it easier for the team, but if this is incorrect then please just merge the threads together.

I will remember your posting preferences for any future issues

Quote Originally Posted by Koveleski View Post
    You had to start a new topic for this? Yes, the app was updated. Yes, you were silly to apply the theme which is for the previous version without checking to see if it was compatible. Yes, we will update the theme for the new version as soon as xeudoxus is off his death bed. Yes, it means you might have to choose either to A, not upgrade or B, deal with readability issues.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    UD 10.0/0.99.3b
    Premium Member
    wow, did u have to be so rude? not everyone knows not to update apps and such. and his reason for a new thread is understandable. look how big the main thread is. and now someone updating that app or thinking too will see this thread and know not too or know if they updated already that your working on a fix.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    davekover
    Phone
    D1/X & Tbolt
    Premium Member
    I believe I could have been rude and next time I'll make sure I am, however I suppose its due to the nature of the internet and text being on a screen that sarcasm can not be conveyed without the use of a tag - which I neglected to put.

I'll make an edited version.

*sarcasm on*
    You had to start a new topic for this?
    *sarcasm off*

Yes, the app was updated. (nodding my head) Yes, you were silly to apply the theme which is for the previous version without checking to see if it was compatible. (giggling) Yes, we will update the theme for the new version as soon as xeudoxus is off his death bed. (laughing at my use of the word death bed as its not anywhere near truth yet still convenient to convey his current status) Yes, it means you might have to choose either to A, not upgrade or B, deal with readability issues. (informative ending sentence)

Hope that clears it up for you.
    Check me out on the market. Search "pub:kovdev"
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Nice thread. srtfool32, the wallpapers guy yeaaa!
    The Mooooooon!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    you can cut the tensionwith a knife
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by srtfool32 View Post
    wow, did u have to be so rude? not everyone knows not to update apps and such. and his reason for a new thread is understandable. look how big the main thread is. and now someone updating that app or thinking too will see this thread and know not too or know if they updated already that your working on a fix.
    In his defense, this type of situation is stated in the installation guide. If people bothered to read it, they'd understand that app updates will frequently break themes. If the MM doesn't work, then there's only the two options kove listed (which was also in the guide iirc)

As a counterpoint, its not a bad thing to let the devs know when an update breaks the theme.
    Last edited by supersaki; 05-22-2010 at 10:28 AM.
  9. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Fixed in DE-ESE81-Apps

WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  10. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    also quick note, if a themed app has a moded resources.arsc then 99.99% of the time a update will break it.

WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

-Owned Devices-

*Main
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links