DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Privacy Blocker

1. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

[Support] Privacy Blocker

If you have questions/bugs/or problems with Privacy Blocker, post here Ill answer/fix asap.

-Matt
    Last edited by xeudoxus; 03-30-2011 at 08:33 PM.

WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hi, I am getting a forced close when I try to fix Angry Birds. I have a droid 2 running liberty 1.5.
    Last edited by Mr. Toad; 03-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.
  3. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    Hi, I am getting a forced close when I try to fix Angry Birds. I have a droid 2 ruining liberty 1.5.
    Ill check it out

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by m3kilpat
    after modifying an apk to report on dummy data, will the app still be upgradeable from the market? I also assume after each upgrade we will need to "fix" the app again.
    That question deserved repeating (it was from the Droid News thread) as the answer could influence what apps I fix depending on the severity of what they're doing.

Don't know if what I noticed matters much though since I'm still on the beta but hopefully not much has changed between the beta and final release. However, tonight when I go home (can't do it while at work) I'm most certainly buying this. Absolutely love this application.

I also see a lot of FC's on the original Droid running Android 2.3. Especially during the fixing process of large apps like Angry Birds. Funny how Angry Birds Seasons doesn't have any issues but Angry Birds does LOL.

I also see the FC's after uninstalling an app. That wouldn't really be a big deal but even with auto-save enabled the fixed app isn't always being saved. Work around is to just save the fixed app to the SDCard, manually uninstall, and then manually install fixed version.

With an application like the Dolphin Browser it has 8 security holes. MCC+MNC, Phone Type, Radio Type, Unique Device ID, Roaming, Current Country, Network Type Code, Network Connected. Is there a simple way to know if fixing all of them will make the Browser not work? Or is it kind of just fix it all and see what happens?

Is this safe to use on the Google applications like Goggles and YouTube? Not sure why Goggles needs to know things like cell tower name, phone type, radio type, and others.

Xeudoxus you have out done yourself sir! I think I speak for every Android user out there when I say this:

HTC Thunderbolt | CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1.2
    Retired - Motorola Droid | Project Elite 5.0.2
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Anyone else getting stuck at "authorizing" in the market? Cannot download it for some reason. I have received the email on the purchase and looked at the progress and it is still stuck. I have tried multiple times to download it with zero success

Just downloaded "privacy inspector" with no problem
  6. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullOne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m3kilpat
    after modifying an apk to report on dummy data, will the app still be upgradeable from the market? I also assume after each upgrade we will need to "fix" the app again.
    That question deserved repeating (it was from the Droid News thread) as the answer could influence what apps I fix depending on the severity of what they're doing.

Don't know if what I noticed matters much though since I'm still on the beta but hopefully not much has changed between the beta and final release. However, tonight when I go home (can't do it while at work) I'm most certainly buying this. Absolutely love this application.

I also see a lot of FC's on the original Droid running Android 2.3. Especially during the fixing process of large apps like Angry Birds. Funny how Angry Birds Seasons doesn't have any issues but Angry Birds does LOL.

I also see the FC's after uninstalling an app. That wouldn't really be a big deal but even with auto-save enabled the fixed app isn't always being saved. Work around is to just save the fixed app to the SDCard, manually uninstall, and then manually install fixed version.

With an application like the Dolphin Browser it has 8 security holes. MCC+MNC, Phone Type, Radio Type, Unique Device ID, Roaming, Current Country, Network Type Code, Network Connected. Is there a simple way to know if fixing all of them will make the Browser not work? Or is it kind of just fix it all and see what happens?

Is this safe to use on the Google applications like Goggles and YouTube? Not sure why Goggles needs to know things like cell tower name, phone type, radio type, and others.

Xeudoxus you have out done yourself sir! I think I speak for every Android user out there when I say this:

Because the modded apps are being resigned with test keys. Updating them from the market will require removal of the modded one before the new one can be downloaded/installed. (There is no way around that even with root), but im working on a nice solution (If you detect a market update then tell my app to "update the app" and it will auto uninstall the modded .apk, download the update, and rescan)

smali/baksmali takes up TONS of memory, I have already reduced smali's code more then 6,000 lines to get it to work on android (In time, it will get better). OutOfMemory problems are going to be common and huge apps (Angry Birds, Documents-to-go, Maps, Quickoffice) will be less likely to be able to fix.

ill check up on the "Auto-Save".

If PB finishes (Does not crash) and prompts for the "install" then most of the time the .apk should work just fine (Ive seen some odd signing problems though). If you find an app that crashes after being "fixed" let me know.

It should be, I actually never tried to fix a Google app.

Thank you

-Matt
    Last edited by xeudoxus; 03-09-2011 at 10:17 AM.

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855

Thumbs up Love this App

This will be a game changer for sure.

I also see a lot of FC's on the original Droid running Android 2.2.1 Especially during the fixing process of apps like Angry Birds & Alchemy.
    When I tried to Repair CamCard it went through the process but let the issues unresolved.

Thanks for any help
  8. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jramey View Post
    This will be a game changer for sure.

I also see a lot of FC's on the original Droid running Android 2.2.1 Especially during the fixing process of apps like Angry Birds & Alchemy.
    When I tried to Repair CamCard it went through the process but let the issues unresolved.

Thanks for any help
    on apps that fc when you scan/fix (Try killing all of your running apps) if you looked at the logcat it would say "OutOfMemory".

On apps that it "looks" like its fixing or crashes while smali and no "outofmemory" then let me know what that app is and ill take a look.

If you long click on the app you can bring up a menu that has "problem", just click that and report which problem that app is having.

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  9. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Also as a side note, I guess on the AT&T phones, you will have to have "side loading" enabled. Other wise PB cannot reinstall the modded .apk back to phone....

A workaround would be to "save to sdcard" then use adb to install the modded .apk back to phone.

Im looking into better solutions.

-Matt
    Last edited by xeudoxus; 03-09-2011 at 10:16 AM.

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    Because the modded apps are being resigned with test keys. Updating them from the market will require removal of the modded one before the new one can be downloaded/installed. (There is no way around that even with root), but im working on a nice solution (If you detect a market update then tell my app to "update the app" and it will auto uninstall the modded .apk, download the update, and rescan)

smali/baksmali takes up TONS of memory, I have already reduced smali's code more then 6,000 lines to get it to work on android (In time, it will get better). OutOfMemory problems are going to be common and huge apps (Angry Birds, Documents-to-go, Maps, Quickoffice)

ill check up on the "Auto-Save".

If PB finishes (Does not crash) and prompts for the "install" then most of the time the .apk should work just fine (Ive seen some odd signing problems though). If you find an app that crashes after being "fixed" let me know.

It should be, I actually never tried to fix a Google app.

Thank you

-Matt
    Good to know. Many thanks. Can't wait to see if you can get the update functionality to work. That would be incredibly cool. I'm not too worried about the memory issues as I'm due to upgrade and Thunderbolt will hopefully be in my hands soon enough.

What I find the most interesting about what this app does is how many other apps access stuff they really shouldn't be. It is very enlightening.

For instance the application "Elixir" accesses 19 things. Now I know that Elixir accesses more stuff then normal because of what it does and users give it that permission. However, in the long run Elixir doesn't need to know things like the state of the SIM or whether the phone is roaming in order to function correctly.

I'm already in the process of eliminating some apps that don't get used anymore or very rarely. Why bother worrying about fixing them if I don't really use them?

Once again many thanks for what is probably the best application on the Market. It is very rare to say that I'm looking forward to buying an app but this one is well worth the money.

EDIT: Question. The app Fancy Widget apparently grabs the Network Type Code. If that permission was removed would that make the widget unable to update the weather information or is that a totally separate permission from this?
    Last edited by SkullOne; 03-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    HTC Thunderbolt | CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1.2
    Retired - Motorola Droid | Project Elite 5.0.2
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links