DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: [Support] Privacy Blocker

1. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Twitter
    yonnor
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by mfn View Post

I have no idea how to enable side-loading on my Galaxy S.
    Go into Settings -> Applications -> And check "Unknown Sources"
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v3/Hyperdrive RSL15 |
    |
    |

2. mfn
    Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    galaxy s
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post

Did that and I still can't install fixed apps...
  3. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post

Did that and I still can't install fixed apps...
    gtalk me.

-Matt

WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Question OOM Error!

Hi. Bought Privacy Blocker today on the advice of my dad. I have an HTC Evo 4G running Android 2.2 with kernel version 2.6.32.17-gee557fd, htc-kernel@and18-2#15. And it worked great for most of the morning. I was running scans and all of a sudden I hit this "OOM Error!" and Privacy Blocker locked up. I can't scroll through it, pull up the menu or anything of the sort. I've tried restarting my phone, clearing the cache, nothing seems to work. It seems to be permanently stuck on the darkened "OOM Error!". Any chance there's a fix for this or a work-around to get it unlocked?

*** EDIT:

Had to restart my phone using Sprints hands free activation trouble-shooting technique. I did NOT call Sprint on it, I just reset my phone and now there is no OOM Error!. So, if anyone has an HTC Evo 4G and winds up hitting the small snafu that I hit, that's how you can fix it.
    Last edited by dwduck; 06-07-2011 at 12:04 PM.
  5. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwduck View Post
    Hi. Bought Privacy Blocker today on the advice of my dad. I have an HTC Evo 4G running Android 2.2 with kernel version 2.6.32.17-gee557fd, htc-kernel@and18-2#15. And it worked great for most of the morning. I was running scans and all of a sudden I hit this "OOM Error!" and Privacy Blocker locked up. I can't scroll through it, pull up the menu or anything of the sort. I've tried restarting my phone, clearing the cache, nothing seems to work. It seems to be permanently stuck on the darkened "OOM Error!". Any chance there's a fix for this or a work-around to get it unlocked?

*** EDIT:

Had to restart my phone using Sprints hands free activation trouble-shooting technique. I did NOT call Sprint on it, I just reset my phone and now there is no OOM Error!. So, if anyone has an HTC Evo 4G and winds up hitting the small snafu that I hit, that's how you can fix it.
    Very odd, it kinda seems like a problem I found before. It is caused by apps that use a language not supported in pb. If you can, if it happens again. Send me a talk xeudoxus.gmail com and we will get it fixed.

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Evo Xoom

Arrow Xoom bugs

I know you're working hard on Xoom support and I very much appreciate it (paid app user).

I just wanted to let you know about the bugs I noticed on the Xoom in case you didn't know about them.

I've gotten a FC just about every time I use the back button. After fixing an app and pressing back, After looking at the result of a scan and pressing back, After accessing settings and pressing back, etc.

I get a FC whenever I press the "home" key and then try to return to the app.

I haven't done any "fixing" yet as I've only had the app for about a day now. So I cannot report on that aspect of the app yet. I haven't had any problems scanning, however.

Thank you for your efforts and your attention.
  7. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccossin View Post
    I know you're working hard on Xoom support and I very much appreciate it (paid app user).

I just wanted to let you know about the bugs I noticed on the Xoom in case you didn't know about them.

I've gotten a FC just about every time I use the back button. After fixing an app and pressing back, After looking at the result of a scan and pressing back, After accessing settings and pressing back, etc.

I get a FC whenever I press the "home" key and then try to return to the app.

I haven't done any "fixing" yet as I've only had the app for about a day now. So I cannot report on that aspect of the app yet. I haven't had any problems scanning, however.

Thank you for your efforts and your attention.
    All "xoom" bugs have been fixed, I just have to finish the new "xoom" UI.

Thanks for letting me know though.
    -Matt

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hey Matt,

Coming from a Windows Mobile background - I'm brand new to Droid.

I like the concept of your app and purchased it. Still trying to figure out a couple of things. Couple questions follow.

1. Found a cute app called House of Horrors (JT Publishing). Ran PB on it, fixed all six things. Saved instead of installed. Uninstalled original app via Task Mgr/Downloaded. Using MyFiles, navigated to /sdcard/privacy-blocker/appSave and clicked on app. It installed. When I run the app, it has advertisements in it. Is this normal?

2. Scanned JuiceDefender v3.5.6. PB identifies 5 issues. When I attempted to fix, PB goes through all the motions and then returns saying, "Something is wrong. Nothing was fixed."

3. Under Settings/Advanced, can I simply put anything I want in the fields or do I need to stick with defaults? Example: MCC+MNC (just enter a random five digit number?), Unique Device ID (just enter a random 14 digit hex number?), etc.

4. Original files go to appBackup and fixed files go to appSave, correct?

5. I've noticed in some cases that I end up with a file also in /sdcard in addition to /sdcard/privacy-blocker subdirs.

6. I presume your database is online? How does the program get updated info to fix apps?

Thanks again!
    John
  9. Professor X
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hey Matt,

Coming from a Windows Mobile background - I'm brand new to Droid.

I like the concept of your app and purchased it. Still trying to figure out a couple of things. Couple questions follow.

1. Found a cute app called House of Horrors (JT Publishing). Ran PB on it, fixed all six things. Saved instead of installed. Uninstalled original app via Task Mgr/Downloaded. Using MyFiles, navigated to /sdcard/privacy-blocker/appSave and clicked on app. It installed. When I run the app, it has advertisements in it. Is this normal?

2. Scanned JuiceDefender v3.5.6. PB identifies 5 issues. When I attempted to fix, PB goes through all the motions and then returns saying, "Something is wrong. Nothing was fixed."

3. Under Settings/Advanced, can I simply put anything I want in the fields or do I need to stick with defaults? Example: MCC+MNC (just enter a random five digit number?), Unique Device ID (just enter a random 14 digit hex number?), etc.

4. Original files go to appBackup and fixed files go to appSave, correct?

5. I've noticed in some cases that I end up with a file also in /sdcard in addition to /sdcard/privacy-blocker subdirs.

6. I presume your database is online? How does the program get updated info to fix apps?

Thanks again!
    John
    1. PB does not remove advertisements, it only removes the "code" that advertisements use to track your phone (Not GPS tracking) with false data.

2. Long press on the app that you are having problems with and you can report an error with the application (It will notify me with the problem so I can update the db).

3. You can put whatever you want but it is recommended to stick with the default "value lengths" so if a value is 13 chars, then keep it 13 chars.

4. If you backup then yes, if you choose to "save" instead of "install" then yes.

5. That should not happen, let me know the filenames/what app it does that too and ill check it out.

6. Eventually there will be a online database, but currently I have to update PB manually to "fix" app problems with fixing (PB does not work like a virus scanner, it decompiles the code of every app and then changes it "So if PB fails, it fails because it could not properly write the new code. But it always finds the code properly").

Thanks,
    -Matt

-Owned Devices-

*Main
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Hey Matt,

Thanks for the quick response.

1. Sent report from PB for JuiceDefender v. 3.5.6. Not sure how you identify it came from me though.

2. As mentioned before, some apps showing up in /sdcard instead of subdirs. In this case, JuiceDefender showed up as "com.latedroid.juicedefender-1.apk" at 838.9KB in size.

3. You mentioned that you did not remove the ads but rather the tracking code. I guess I'm a bit confused about one point. If I 'fix' an app having network access, it is not denying it access - only changing what is xmitted about my phone, correct? What if I want to simply stop it from xmitting?

Thanks!
    John
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Links