DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 234

Thread: [Support] Privacy Blocker

  1. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #11
    I posted in the news thread about an issue I was having. You recommended getting a copy of the logcat for you. How do I look at the logcat? I have a Droid 1 running the shadowrom Rom. It keeps failing on step 5 of 7. The program I just tried it on was Bistro Cook, and the red box that popped up said Bistro Cook Failed.

    Edit:

    To add it's also failed on Angry Birds and Alchemy in the same way. I can scan them, but when I choose to fix it fails on the smali step.
    Last edited by dafischman; 03-09-2011 at 10:17 AM.
  2. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullOne View Post
    EDIT: Question. The app Fancy Widget apparently grabs the Network Type Code. If that permission was removed would that make the widget unable to update the weather information or is that a totally separate permission from this?
    Permissions are never "removed" just replaced with static/set values (So it will never read those directly from you phone, it just uses the default)

    In "Advance Options" you can set those values, so you can tell the app whatever "Network Type" you feel like having

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  3. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dafischman View Post
    I posted in the news thread about an issue I was having. You recommended getting a copy of the logcat for you. How do I look at the logcat? I have a Droid 1 running the shadowrom Rom. It keeps failing on step 5 of 7. The program I just tried it on was Bistro Cook, and the red box that popped up said Bistro Cook Failed.

    Edit:

    To add it's also failed on Angry Birds and Alchemy in the same way. I can scan them, but when I choose to fix it fails on the smali step.
    Use a app like "aLogcat" and email me the logcat (After you encounter both problems)

    Send email to privacytools@xeudoxus.com

    Thanks,
    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  4. Senior Droid
    dafischman's Avatar
    Member #
    26115
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #14
    Thanks, it might be a bit, just put the phone on the charger. I'll get around to messing with it again in a bit.

    Josh
  5. Senior Droid
    SkullOne's Avatar
    Member #
    35279
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullOne View Post
    EDIT: Question. The app Fancy Widget apparently grabs the Network Type Code. If that permission was removed would that make the widget unable to update the weather information or is that a totally separate permission from this?
    Permissions are never "removed" just replaced with static/set values (So it will never read those directly from you phone, it just uses the default)

    In "Advance Options" you can set those values, so you can tell the app whatever "Network Type" you feel like having
    So in other words with any of these since it is only sending false data the apps should theoretically not break. Very cool stuff. Once again my hat is off to you sir. Outstanding job!
    HTC Thunderbolt | CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1.2
    Retired - Motorola Droid | Project Elite 5.0.2
  6. Senior Droid
    SkullOne's Avatar
    Member #
    35279
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #16
    What does it mean by "Warning! Cannot scan private apps"?
    HTC Thunderbolt | CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1.2
    Retired - Motorola Droid | Project Elite 5.0.2
  7. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullOne View Post
    What does it mean by "Warning! Cannot scan private apps"?
    Privacy Blocker and Privacy Inspector are "nonroot" apps, so accessing the "private" app folder requires root. And even if you have root, PB is not setup to use root (As intended).

    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  8. Senior Droid
    SkullOne's Avatar
    Member #
    35279
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    139
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullOne View Post
    What does it mean by "Warning! Cannot scan private apps"?
    Privacy Blocker and Privacy Inspector are "nonroot" apps, so accessing the "private" app folder requires root. And even if you have root, PB is not setup to use root (As intended).

    -Matt
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that apps could put themselves in the protected folder. TV.com and my Daily Dilbert are my two apps that do this.
    HTC Thunderbolt | CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1.2
    Retired - Motorola Droid | Project Elite 5.0.2
  9. Master Droid
    leprophotography's Avatar
    Member #
    58302
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC, MIAMI, PHILLY
    Posts
    418
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Note II / Galaxy Nexus
    #19
    Oh, just wondering, is it possible automatically to apply all the values automatically when new apps being downloaded? Without scanning it?
  10. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by leprophotography View Post
    Oh, just wondering, is it possible automatically to apply all the values automatically when new apps being downloaded? Without scanning it?
    Possible, but im not going to do that (I do not want PB runnins in the background).

    Im going to be adding "new" indicator on recent apps after a DB scan (So you know which apps you just added to DB)

    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [Support] Privacy Inspector
    By xeudoxus in forum Xeudoxus
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:37 AM
  2. Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 08:00 PM
  3. Ad Blocker
    By CuhRazy in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 05:12 AM
  4. Ad blocker for non-rooted X?
    By Coots in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 02:50 PM
  5. Ad Blocker for DX
    By droidborg in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 11:52 PM

Search tags for this page

how to use privacy blocker for rage of bahamut
,
peggle the request was unauthorized
,
peggle unauthorized request
,

privacy blocker

,
privacy blocker 1.4.1 apk
,
privacy blocker apk
,
privacy blocker force close
,
privacy blocker out of memory
,
privacy blocker out of memory error
,
privacy blocker rage of bahamut
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+