DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 234

Thread: [Support] Privacy Blocker

  1. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    You want the log from the properly running app or the one that force closes....these are really stupid questions aren't they lol. Just want to be sure you get the one you need.
    If "jewels" is crashing after fixing, then do as described above (I dont need the log from the app working)

    If Privacy Blocker is "crashing" while not scanning or fixing, then use the (Menu>Help>Logcat>Send)

    If Privacy Blocker is "Having problems" with apps then (Long press on app>Report>Select Problem)

    That should cover all situations.

    Thanks,
    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  2. Senior Droid
    TriciaH's Avatar
    Member #
    178705
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Texas (not my fault)
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Sent log - hope was done correctly and contains what you need. Thank you! If not right, I'll try again!
  3. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I want to put this out there, on occasion Privacy Blocker will report an app as being bad when it is not... (System Panel or System for example)

    The application needs the permissions to display the information back to you, not to report back to the developer.

    Best thing to do is email the developer and ask what each permission is for before assumptions are made. Then if you have doubt, fix it.

    @xeudoxus

    Great work thus far (I was around your fifteenth purchase).
  4. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    I want to put this out there, on occasion Privacy Blocker will report an app as being bad when it is not... (System Panel or System for example)

    The application needs the permissions to display the information back to you, not to report back to the developer.

    Best thing to do is email the developer and ask what each permission is for before assumptions are made. Then if you have doubt, fix it.

    @xeudoxus

    Great work thus far (I was around your fifteenth purchase).
    I agree, my app cannot determine if the "read phone number" is really needed in an application, for example a "fart" game does not need your phone number, but "Google Voice" would. It would take "forever" to go through each app and make my own database. Later im going to make a "category" that you can assign your apps to, so it will adjust the threat level for the lines that are fine for that category.

    but if you have a better idea let me know (Because im sure people are not going to assign their apps to a category and try to fix everything)

    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  5. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TriciaH View Post
    Sent log - hope was done correctly and contains what you need. Thank you! If not right, I'll try again!
    The log is good, it looks like a parser problem, checking now.

    Thanks,
    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  6. Kernel Developer
    prime's Avatar
    Member #
    62737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,828
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus
    Later im going to make a "category" that you can assign your apps to, so it will adjust the threat level for the lines that are fine for that category.

    but if you have a better idea let me know (Because im sure people are not going to assign their apps to a category and try to fix everything)

    -Matt
    I must have beamed it straight to you (or vice versa), my thoughts exactly.

    Example..informational/system management apps are going to have odd permission requirements..so we setup custom categories for such apps....problem alleviated.

    Later is fine...bugs, speed, memory, features. in that order
  7. Junior Droid
    mahers's Avatar
    Member #
    180109
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Verizon Droid X
    So here's a new one I haven't seen mentioned:

    Since PB drains the life out of my battery, I try to do only a couple of apps per day. Last night, I scanned Calendar Snooze and it found 2 errors. I fixed the one that sends my phone identity, since I don't think a calendar snooze alarm needs to know that info, and reinstalled it. Today, my phone was acting odd, so I rebooted it, and it went balistic. It restarted and vibrated non-stop so I did a battery pull and the same thing happened, but I let it play out. When it finally stopped vibrating, I saw a warning in my notification bar that an illegal app was detected. It finally went back to normal, but left the Calendar Snooze icon in my notifs bar. When I drag it down, in big bold letters, it says "ILLEGAL SOFTWARE DETECTED, a illegal version of calendar snooze is installed". I can't get rid of it. I don't know how the app knows I messed with it, but it does. I'll go back to the stock version, but wanted to let you know. Very odd!
  8. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mahers View Post
    So here's a new one I haven't seen mentioned:

    Since PB drains the life out of my battery, I try to do only a couple of apps per day. Last night, I scanned Calendar Snooze and it found 2 errors. I fixed the one that sends my phone identity, since I don't think a calendar snooze alarm needs to know that info, and reinstalled it. Today, my phone was acting odd, so I rebooted it, and it went balistic. It restarted and vibrated non-stop so I did a battery pull and the same thing happened, but I let it play out. When it finally stopped vibrating, I saw a warning in my notification bar that an illegal app was detected. It finally went back to normal, but left the Calendar Snooze icon in my notifs bar. When I drag it down, in big bold letters, it says "ILLEGAL SOFTWARE DETECTED, a illegal version of calendar snooze is installed". I can't get rid of it. I don't know how the app knows I messed with it, but it does. I'll go back to the stock version, but wanted to let you know. Very odd!
    hmm, whats the package name of that app, ill check it out.

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  9. Junior Droid
    mahers's Avatar
    Member #
    180109
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9
    Phone
    Verizon Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    hmm, whats the package name of that app, ill check it out.
    How do I find the package name?
  10. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mahers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    hmm, whats the package name of that app, ill check it out.
    How do I find the package name?
    click the app, click the details button, click the fingerprint at the top bar and you will see it at the top

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [Support] Privacy Inspector
    By xeudoxus in forum Xeudoxus
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:37 AM
  2. Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 08:00 PM
  3. Ad Blocker
    By CuhRazy in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 05:12 AM
  4. Ad blocker for non-rooted X?
    By Coots in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 02:50 PM
  5. Ad Blocker for DX
    By droidborg in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 11:52 PM

Search tags for this page

how to use privacy blocker for rage of bahamut
,
peggle the request was unauthorized
,
peggle unauthorized request
,

privacy blocker

,
privacy blocker 1.4.1 apk
,
privacy blocker apk
,
privacy blocker force close
,
privacy blocker out of memory
,
privacy blocker out of memory error
,
privacy blocker rage of bahamut
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+