DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: [Support] Privacy Inspector

  1. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #1

    [Support] Privacy Inspector

    If you have questions/bugs/or problems with Privacy Inspector, post here Ill answer/fix asap.

    -Matt
    Last edited by xeudoxus; 03-09-2011 at 12:14 AM.

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  2. Master Droid
    666ogre666's Avatar
    Member #
    41110
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    585
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    Gil_Smash
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #2
    Hot damn! This app looks awesome. Maybe breath some life back into whats most likely the single greatest theme for android?
    Rom: SteelDroid Nexus 1.0
    Theme: Stock
    Kernel: franco.Kernel Nightly
    Launcher: Nova
  3. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 666ogre666 View Post
    Hot damn! This app looks awesome. Maybe breath some life back into whats most likely the single greatest theme for android?
    ;D


    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  4. SingingSabre
    Guest
    SingingSabre's Avatar
    #4
    For forum apps (like the app for android.net) it gives a warning that the app identifies the specific phone. Is this to enable the app to log in the user, or is it something that warrants fixing?
  5. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    For forum apps (like the app for android.net) it gives a warning that the app identifies the specific phone. Is this to enable the app to log in the user, or is it something that warrants fixing?
    It could be for a lot of reasons, but the 2 most common are "ads" and "authentication" (I just show you that the app uses it, I have no clue what they are doing with the information). in the later version im going to have a "ignore" button for trusted apps.


    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  6. SingingSabre
    Guest
    SingingSabre's Avatar
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    For forum apps (like the app for android.net) it gives a warning that the app identifies the specific phone. Is this to enable the app to log in the user, or is it something that warrants fixing?
    It could be for a lot of reasons, but the 2 most common are "ads" and "authentication" (I just show you that the app uses it, I have no clue what they are doing with the information). in the later version im going to have a "ignore" button for trusted apps.


    -Matt
    Awesome, thanks!

    Also, a dumb question, reading phone status doesn't equal switching out of the program to answer a call, does it?

    I've always wondered about that.
  7. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    For forum apps (like the app for android.net) it gives a warning that the app identifies the specific phone. Is this to enable the app to log in the user, or is it something that warrants fixing?
    It could be for a lot of reasons, but the 2 most common are "ads" and "authentication" (I just show you that the app uses it, I have no clue what they are doing with the information). in the later version im going to have a "ignore" button for trusted apps.


    -Matt
    Awesome, thanks!

    Also, a dumb question, reading phone status doesn't equal switching out of the program to answer a call, does it?

    I've always wondered about that.
    It means that the app detects call state... like a music player would "pause" if it detected "on phone call", and resume when "call ended". but what they do with the data can very.

    -Matt

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  8. SingingSabre
    Guest
    SingingSabre's Avatar
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    It means that the app detects call state... like a music player would "pause" if it detected "on phone call", and resume when "call ended". but what they do with the data can very.

    -Matt
    Thank you.

    When trying to scan some apps, it says the app failed to scan. Exiting and reloading doesn't fix this. Any reason to this?
  9. Professor X
    xeudoxus's Avatar
    Member #
    4542
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    506
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    xeudoxus
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    It means that the app detects call state... like a music player would "pause" if it detected "on phone call", and resume when "call ended". but what they do with the data can very.

    -Matt
    Thank you.

    When trying to scan some apps, it says the app failed to scan. Exiting and reloading doesn't fix this. Any reason to this?
    Usually because of "OutOfMemory" errors, but a logcat would tell me for sure.

    WORK STATUS: 09/21/11 Slow, I will get to responses/requests as soon as I can

    -Owned Devices-

    *Main
  10. Developer
    winner00's Avatar
    Member #
    4915
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,112
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    expertontech
    Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by xeudoxus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 666ogre666 View Post
    Hot damn! This app looks awesome. Maybe breath some life back into whats most likely the single greatest theme for android?
    ;D


    -Matt
    If that theme came back running in the new CM7 theme engine that would be awesome!!
    Galaxy Nexus Setup
    Rom: My CM9 Kang
    Kernel: franco Nightly #135

    Theme: ICS
    Launcher: Trebuchet
    Recovery: Team Win 2.1


    Twitter: expertontech
    CM7 Thread with My Build for OG Droid





    Thanks for the donation!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How about a Privacy app?
    By AtlPikMan in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 07:14 AM
  2. Privacy Blocker/Inspector by Xeudoxus
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 08:00 PM
  3. Voice Privacy
    By Glenn9586 in forum Motorola Droid Pro
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM
  4. Privacy??
    By billyk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:53 AM
  5. Voice Privacy
    By psujames41 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 09:59 AM

Search tags for this page

android boing boing private
,
android pi folder
,
cannot scan private apps
,
go launcher privacy data
,
pi folder android
,
pi folder on droid
,

privacy inspector

,
privacy inspector android
,
privacy inspector app
,
privacy inspector does really work?
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+