DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Verizon forcing share everything plans?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Verizon forcing share everything plans?

I was trying to participate in this thread but verizon is editing all of my posts:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/801621

Basically I have 3 smartphones and 2 basic phones. I used the upgrade discount on two of the lines, and the verizon site let me keep my nationwide calling and texting plan, and the 3rd smartphone has unlimited data still. Now I'm trying to use the upgrade discount on the 3rd phone, but the verizon website is forcing me to select a more expensive (no matter what data plan I choose) share everything plan ($40 more per month). I chatted with a Verizon rep and was told I would have to accept a share everything plan, and then when I get my new phone I could call and switch it back to my old nationwide calling and texting plan with each smart phone having its own data plan. This sounds very shady to me, as I anticipate when I try to switch back they will tell me it's no longer available.

Has anyone done something similar to this? Is it possible to upgrade the last smartphone on my account but keep my current calling plan and individual data plans (I know I'll lose unlimited and that's fine)? Thanks!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Once you switch to the Share plan, you CANNOT go back. Do NOT let them change your plan. I would highly recommend buying your phone elsewhere. When I upgrade customers, I make sure the Share plan is going to save them money. If it doesn't, I'm not changing them over unless they demand it.
    FoxKat and comk4ver like this.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    Once you switch to the Share plan, you CANNOT go back. Do NOT let them change your plan. I would highly recommend buying your phone elsewhere. When I upgrade customers, I make sure the Share plan is going to save them money. If it doesn't, I'm not changing them over unless they demand it.
    Thanks so much for your input!
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Instead of doing it online I would highly suggest you stop by a Verizon store and have it done there. There you can make sure that nothing is messed with and that if things are, they can/should immediately reverse the action. I recently upgraded one of our lines myself at a Verizon store and ran into no issues. The rep showed me on his computer AND waited for me to check My Verizon app to ensure that my unlimited data was kept on my line.
    comk4ver likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    I currently have 4 lines, with only 1 smart phone, and am still on my 700 min/unlimited texting/ 4gb a month plan. I got my data double to 4gb when I got my droid 4. They were running a double your data promotion when you upgrade to a 4g phone. I am worried that when I go to update they are going to force me into a "share everything" plan and I will lose my 4gb a month.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I wouldn't worry about that, they'll just pitch the plan to you and that's all they can really do. In fact, when I upgraded to my s4 a little over a week ago, the rep didn't even mention the shared data plan.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    So you upgraded and signed a new contract and didnt have to change plans? That's cool...

9. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikbal View Post
    So you upgraded and signed a new contract and didnt have to change plans? That's cool...

Nope, why would I?

The "Share everything" plan is just like any other plan that you have the option to choose. Verizon is just trying to push that one more because of this "smartphone boom" where everyone has one, so it seems to make the most sense. Sure you may save a bit of money, but that comes with too much sacrifice for my family and I. You have every right to upgrade each of your lines individually as I did.
  10. XOOM RS Team Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Nope, why would I?

The "Share everything" plan is just like any other plan that you have the option to choose. Verizon is just trying to push that one more because of this "smartphone boom" where everyone has one, so it seems to make the most sense. Sure you may save a bit of money, but that comes with too much sacrifice for my family and I. You have every right to upgrade each of your lines individually as I did.
    So to verify, you upgraded and still kept your unlimited plan. That was buying on- or off-contract? I was under the understanding that on-contract upgrades killed your unlimited plan. So I've been saving for either the X-phone or Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

11. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    So to verify, you upgraded and still kept your unlimited plan. That was buying on- or off-contract? I was under the understanding that on-contract upgrades killed your unlimited plan. So I've been saving for either the X-phone or Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    So we have 4 lines in our family. What I had them do was take my upgrade and activate on another line that was already capped at 2gb. Once activated on that line, the phone was then transferred to my line and I was able to keep my unlimited data plan. This was on contract with a new 2yr agreement which I did in a Verizon store.

You are correct regarding on-contract upgrades killing unlimited data, but that only applies if the phone itself it activated on your specific unlimited data line. If it's activated on another line (dumb phone line or capped 2gb) your line's unlimited data isn't effected.
    bkdodger likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links