DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Another Unlimited Data Question

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    I'll bet it isn't completely impossible. You just need to find the right person. Let me give you an example. Just bear with me to the end.

Everyone and their mother at Verizon swears up and down that it is impossible for a new customer to get unlimited data. It's no longer in the system so it can't be done. This is untrue, although, things may have changed since I last checked (about a year ago).

A new customer CAN get unlimited data if they take over a line. You would have to contact the Assumption of Liability Department at (888) 832-4540. Now, I'm not saying to do this in your case. The only reason I bring it up is because it proves that a new customer can come to Verizon, be entered into the system, and CAN get unlimited data even though it is no longer offered. You also get the ability to either port over an existing number, or get a new one. That however is a different process unrelated to the assumption of liability.

Again, I'm not saying this will fix your problem. It's merely pointing out that things can be done that everyone says can't.

How did I come across this info? I got married and my wife's family had a better plan than me. I was brought in. Later, my company offered a 25% discount through them for Verizon. This was after Verizon got rid of unlimited data. The process was laid out so that I would take over my line under my name. I would be made head of the account and everyone would be brought in under me. All numbers would be ported, plans would be kept the same (even though the options no longer existed), and I would receive a 25% discount on my bill.

Nothing is impossible if you talk to the right person in the right department.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Supposedly I am getting an upgrade and keeping unlimited. I called Verizon and was going to order a phone from them direct. I have a family share plan with me and my son both unlimited data and my wife has a old dumb phone. They said they can give me the S4 on her line, extend the contract for that phone and when I get it call them back and they will switch it to my number. I was told all pricing will remain the same and I will keep my unlimited data on my line. I went to the store to try and get the same thing and they said there is no way to do it.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Proud papa of an old D1
    Hi folks- I've not been active on this forum in some time and have a vested interest in this topic, being a 20+ year Verizon (then Ma Bell) customer- I'm 2 years into my current phone and would like to upgrade-= and though I don't routinely use a lot of data- the thought of losing the option really rubs me the wrong way- not sure if this is an appropriate question for this thread-but does having root on a phone affect the way Red reads one's data usage?
    Frank U - Now rooted butnot(yet)/booted/and sleep deprived --so many ROMs; so little mind..
    Proud papa of teh new X2
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyFrankU View Post
    Hi folks- I've not been active on this forum in some time and have a vested interest in this topic, being a 20+ year Verizon (then Ma Bell) customer- I'm 2 years into my current phone and would like to upgrade-= and though I don't routinely use a lot of data- the thought of losing the option really rubs me the wrong way- not sure if this is an appropriate question for this thread-but does having root on a phone affect the way Red reads one's data usage?
    Not that I know of. I've never heard of it. I'm gonna do some research though.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Hell on Heels
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Proud papa of an old D1

'nother ?

Quote Originally Posted by debrad0307 View Post
    Not that I know of. I've never heard of it. I'm gonna do some research though.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank You for the reply ms. Deb... any help much appreciated. I actually have a couple questions (unlocked phones, etc.) not directly germane to this thread- may I pm ya? {beats my weak lil brain to hunt thru the m a n y pages here...}
    Frank U - Now rooted butnot(yet)/booted/and sleep deprived --so many ROMs; so little mind..
    Proud papa of teh new X2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links