DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, Running UD 1.0

wtf!?

why am i getting a "installation aborted" during install?? i restored my phone back to my first root like usual before install of new rom. help!?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
    Does anyone have a idea on how to remove the 'ultimate droid' logo on the lock screen ? It was ok until I install a Theme (Golden Elegance) now it's right in the way of my Time. No biggie, just thought I would delete it, but I went to the file in the drawable-hdpi-v4>lockscreen_background and i couldn't delete it, even mounting r/w in root explorer.
    Mine was that way after the first boot. I rebooted and it restarted correctly and has stayed that way. Give reboot a try.

I'm using the rotary lock screen.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatdaddyz01 View Post
    Where is the Htc_ime mod.apk located? I'm trying to replace it with one that I created in Gimpsta's kitchen, but I can't find it. PLEASE HELP!!
    Once you install the HTC_IME from the UD settings it becomes the LatinIME.apk in system/app. So you could pull that down with Adb and replace it, but really all you need to do if you have the apk for the one you created is to just install it, and then choose it in the language and keyboard settings like you would if you were just using the standard droid keyboard like before.

Hope this helps!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    shaydlife
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cczer91 View Post
    why am i getting a "installation aborted" during install?? i restored my phone back to my first root like usual before install of new rom. help!?
    Make sure you don't have the wrong zip. I accidentally installed a version for Supersonic yesterday.
    A SMARTPHONE IS ONLY AS SMART AS THE OWNER
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, Running UD 1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shay D. Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cczer91 View Post
    Make sure you don't have the wrong zip. I accidentally installed a version for Supersonic yesterday.
    hmm, thats the one i downloaded... will try the other. thanks
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    Quote Originally Posted by Netkeys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
    Does anyone have a idea on how to remove the 'ultimate droid' logo on the lock screen ? It was ok until I install a Theme (Golden Elegance) now it's right in the way of my Time. No biggie, just thought I would delete it, but I went to the file in the drawable-hdpi-v4>lockscreen_background and i couldn't delete it, even mounting r/w in root explorer.
    Mine was that way after the first boot. I rebooted and it restarted correctly and has stayed that way. Give reboot a try.

I'm using the rotary lock screen.
    Yea mine was ok until I added Golden Elegance theme, Maybe I'll get ahold of Kook.........
    BIONIC (non-rooted)
    'Beauty, is in the eye of the Beer holder'.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    This ROM is absolutely astounding, to say the least. My battery life has easily doubled, everything opens and processes faster, looks slick and sexy.

I've had a few issues that I can't simply ignore though. The first of which- my screen detects random presses all over it at random times for random amounts of time. For example, when playing Angry Birds, I had a bird in the slingshot and held it all the way back and kept my finger completely still, but the bird was jittering up and down, and not just a little bit. I'm talking a good half the slingshot angle of jittering up and down by itself. I've also witnessed the mute and unlock buttons on my lock screen fidgeting around.

The other major issue that I'm having is that sometimes while playing music, when the screen is off, it will randomly start to skip forward and backward songs, a la holding the volume up/down keys. Pressing and/or pressing and holding the buttons doesn't resolve it. Neither does pressing pause and play again. Then it just starts skipping around again. I've even unplugged the headphone plug and normally with Android the music would stop- however, it would stop temporarily and then keep playing and skipping songs.

For now I've reverted to UD eX 9 until another release of TUD drops. I'm all about this ROM, but as I said, the malfunctions I've hit are a bit too much to just ignore.
    Last edited by kauthor47; 10-15-2010 at 05:54 PM.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kauthor47 View Post
    The other major issue that I'm having is that sometimes while playing music, when the screen is off, it will randomly start to skip forward and backward songs, a la holding the volume up/down keys. Pressing and/or pressing and holding the buttons doesn't resolve it. Neither does pressing pause and play again. Then it just starts skipping around again. I've even unplugged the headphone plug and normally with Android the music would stop- however, it would stop temporarily and then keep playing and skipping songs.
    There's at least a fix for THAT one. Go to Settings--> Ultimate Droid--> Audio Settings--> and turn OFF "Volume Button Music Control". Not sure what's going on with your screen jittering, as I do not have that issue. Did you do a full wipe when installing it?
    The ORIGINAL Droid
    UD2.1 & Launcher Pro
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't know why everyone is having issues with this! This is the best Rom, fastest, most stable, this would be a 10 out of 10 Rom for me. My phone got pretty warm using stock clock speed. I switched to Chevys LowV 1250, use that it works amazing and is the best I have seen. Pretty cool how you added the different keyboards also +1. Amazing Rom I recommend everyone to get this. I have no issues with this Rom!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kauthor47 View Post
    This ROM is absolutely astounding, to say the least. My battery life has easily doubled, everything opens and processes faster, looks slick and sexy.

I've had a few issues that I can't simply ignore though. The first of which- my screen detects random presses all over it at random times for random amounts of time. For example, when playing Angry Birds, I had a bird in the slingshot and held it all the way back and kept my finger completely still, but the bird was jittering up and down, and not just a little bit. I'm talking a good half the slingshot angle of jittering up and down by itself. I've also witnessed the mute and unlock buttons on my lock screen fidgeting around.

For now I've reverted to UD eX 9 until another release of TUD drops. I'm all about this ROM, but as I said, the malfunctions I've hit are a bit too much to just ignore.
    As for the first (Angry Birds) issue...I'm willing to bet your charger was connected when this was happening. Common problem that happens on all ROMs, even stock. Especially when using different charger than the one that came with phone. Just an assumption. If that's not the case, you should try a different kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Links