DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: UD8 issue phone/sms

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound

UD8 issue phone/sms

Anyone else have an issue where periodically the phone and sms just stop working...meaning i cannot send or receive texts, or make and receive phone calls. When i reboot all is well. Seems to me that it has to do with my voice connection (I believe texts are sent over the voice connection...right?) even though I have full signal. It's like something is getting hung.

There are no notifications, FC's or anything else alerting me to when this happens, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern...but it happens pretty frequently (almost once a day or every other day).

I had the same issue with CM6 too and thought originally it was just that ROM, but interestingly I didnt have it with BB or Lithium.

Also, no themes running and I haven't flashed a new kernel yet. Baseband is C_01.43.01P and my MIN is correct.

I'd rather fix this than move off of UD.

Thanks!

EDIT(1): I fully wiped data and cache when I flashed this ROM and I've had the same baseband for all ROMs
    Last edited by sparacing; 10-01-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: additional info

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Did you *228 or *22899 after booting up? Udate ur prl's for better signal. Do u use a cache clearer? Task killer?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by RafficaX View Post
    Did you *228 or *22899 after booting up? Udate ur prl's for better signal. Do u use a cache clearer? Task killer?

I believe I've done *228 but let me try again and try *22899

Also, I do have TK on the phone, but really never use it...since it's really not needed...just been lazy and haven't removed it.
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparacing View Post

Also, I do have TK on the phone, but really never use it...since it's really not needed...just been lazy and haven't removed it.
    Did that do it? I power cycle my phone at least once a day anyway so I may have dodged the bullet on this issue. Go ahead and uninstall the task killer though and just use your back button instead of the home key. Taking it off of my phone has made a WORLD of difference!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post

Did that do it? I power cycle my phone at least once a day anyway so I may have dodged the bullet on this issue. Go ahead and uninstall the task killer though and just use your back button instead of the home key. Taking it off of my phone has made a WORLD of difference!
    Weeeeelllll so far so good, but due to the inconsistent nature of it all, it will probably take a few days to know for sure...but I've uninstalled TK also, so we'll see.

I'll post back in a few days to let y'all know for sure. I sure do appreciate all the help and suggestions!!
    -S
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    edit... it's not all good.
    -S
    Last edited by sparacing; 10-07-2010 at 04:02 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    i've been having the same problem. all my texts keep getting randomly deleting because the sms app hangs. i don't have a task killer either...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Well three days and no issues, I'm thinking the suggestions cured my issue. I'll post if it happens again, but I think it's all good.

Thanks again!

-S
    Update: It happened again...so apparently it's not fixed. Any other ideas? I've noticed that doing anything with wireless connections is futile. You can't even put it into airplane mode, it just hangs.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    Well three days and no issues, I'm thinking the suggestions cured my issue. I'll post if it happens again, but I think it's all good.

Thanks again!

-S
    Update: It happened again...so apparently it's not fixed. Any other ideas? I've noticed that doing anything with wireless connections is futile. You can't even put it into airplane mode, it just hangs.
    I'd try flashin the rom again. wiping data and cache till your fingers hurt or you go blind. What Rom did you come from ?
    I had to clean the blackboards when I was in grade school and I only wiped it once, but you could still see the writing on the wall, get the picture ..............
    Last edited by segdoh49; 10-07-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    BIONIC (non-rooted)
    'Beauty, is in the eye of the Beer holder'.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post

I'd try flashin the rom again. wiping data and cache till your fingers hurt or you go blind. What Rom did you come from ?
    I had to clean the blackboards when I was in grade school and I only wiped it once, but you could still see the writing on the wall, get the picture ..............
    I appreciate the idea, but that's not it either, I had thought that was possibly the issue initially and wiped multiple times.
    I never change ROM's without wiping.

The ROM I had on (briefly) before UD8 was CM6 and had the same issue. Before that I had LM and before that BB...neither of which caused the problem.

Links