DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: android.process.acore force closes too much...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    in this case...it would not matter as the backup was from UD8.

But what I mean is Ti has non app backups that have the Ti icon...things like wifi access points, blue tooth pairings, widgets, and accounts. It also color codes everything green being things that can be safely restored on any rom (wall papers, playlists, bookmarks, alarms etc.) ...every thing white is app related...anything red is system files or settings that could be ROM specific and should not be restored.
    Current Phone- Rezound...unlocked and perm-rooted!
    Recovery - RA-VIGOR-v3.1.3-getitnowmarketing
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1, DX, T-Bolt
    Well I wouldnt think restoring any of that would cause problems but if you continue to have this problem maybe try reflashing without restoring any settings. Just my $.02
  3. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    It started happening to me as well.... i click on fix permissions in the UD settings and it fixes it for a while... may be a coincidence but whatever makes me not have to reinstall the ROM i'm down to try :P
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  4. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    it did it to me again today as well. Only once. It seemed to be after I installed the snesoid emulator and play games on the phone. I was running smooth for a while...then I installed that...and it started doing it again...so I uninstalled the app.

Weird thing is though, I have tried to change my boot animation and install it...and reboot...but it never shows my boot animation...it only boots up with the Ultimate droid boot animation.

doesnt matter which boot animation I use...it never applies it. I noticed it would get laggy scrolling through my app drawer. I rebooted and it was fine. Still no animation. I fixed permissions...etc...couple times. No luck. I also used terminal emulator to wipe dalvik cache a couple times and it helps with the snappiness and response of the ROM, and still have not gotten the error since doing this. I dont know. UD8 has been quirky for me lately. Just minor things here and there.

Another thing is my lockscreen media control buttons dont show up when Im using pandora. They did the first time I used pandora...then they disappeared...its checked in settings, but they never show on the lockscreen .

little quirky stuff like that irritates me. Especially if I am bragging about my phone rom to someone and showing them the UI, and features...and it does some stupid stuff. Im beggining to think its UD8.0.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    yeah...I tried the idea from page one where it was recommended I make a nandroid, wipe 5 times and reload the nandroid.

As I thought...did not work. Happened to me again trying to make a call today. dialed # ... hit the call button...acore crashed and had to reboot before the phone sped up again.

Running fix permissions now. Will see if that fixes
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I just flashed from chevy 1.1ghz lv kernel to the chevy 1.0ghz lv kernel...mainly because I cant overclock to 1.1 ghz...my phone freezes...and Im pretty sure the max is 1.0ghz w/o running into probs on my phone.

I only overclock to 800 anyway. One thing I do like about the 1.o kernel is the 700mhz slot, which is not on the 1.1ghz kernel. Reason I like it is because I use that for an extra profile in setcpu...clock to 700 when battery is below 41%, 550 under 31%, and 400 under 21%. Gives me a progressive "downclocking" as battery is discharging.

My phone seems to like the 1.0 lv kernel better. I havent had the probs with force closing .acore or other quirks yet. Im thinking maybe it was picky on the kernel for my phone.

Also, I was finally able to change the boot animation when I changed kernels. So...happy now I have a for my boot animation. lol
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Fix permissions did not fix this. I notice it happens often when I change the phones orientation from portrait to landscape and vice versa.

I wish BD or someone from his team was around to answer this. I really cant deal with this much longer, as I need my phone to be reliable which right now it is not.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 running Sapphire
    I had this problem running the Verizon OTA update versions. May not be an issue with UD8.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Are you saying it is hardware? or were you able to fix it?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A855 running Sapphire
    Not saying it is hardware at all. I can't remember if it has happened on my replacement Droid or the first one I had. Has not happened since I rooted this one though. It may have been hardware on the old phone. Sorry I was not much help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links