DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry to say goodbye...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Sorry to say goodbye...

I really hated to do it, but I had to put my phone (Droid 1) back to stock. Ever since GB came out, I have felt that I had a toy that didn't quite work, rather than a phone. Everything looked great and scrolling was superb, but nothing really worked well. Navigation kept losing GPS, The phone would crash if a call came in while in Nav, random app crashes, random reboots, ADW and Launcher Pro had SERIOUS lag issues.
    I rebooted, re-flashed, wiped everything with TI, with Nandriod and with clockwork...same problems. Tried over 5 different Kernals from different devs. I wasted over 10 hours trying to get a stable phone.
    When I missed a critical phone call from my job because the phone crashed (again), I went home, and reverted back to stock.
    I have to admit that I was surprised how well the phone works. I have only had one app crash (known issue with the app, not the kernal or ROM), I was able to keep most of my apps, and everything just WORKS.
    I will keep an eye on UD and will hopefully take the plunge again if and when I upgrade my trusty D1. But considering the problems with the D1 and GB...Sorry!!
    Craig

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I hear what you are saying and have been gathering information and files to revert back to something. Too many problems, but I give all GB based ROM developers a ton of credit for getting us very close. I'm starting to accept the D1 has it's limitations.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about just going back to 2.5 for a while and then back to stock if necessary. But 2.5 was very stable on my phone.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Same thing for me as well. Gb does not like my phone but i will never go back to stock. I am sticking with U.D. 2.5 It runs super smooth for me and not a single problem. Im runing 2.5 with RZR recovery and chevy's 1.2 lv kernel. Getting quadrant scores in the mid 1600's and could not be happier.
    Thanks to Black Droid and ChevyNo1
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I feel this thread may gain some momentum...

+1 here

Where can I get that 2.5 rom? and do themes still exist? I remember 928 had some good ones but couldnt remember if any of them were for 2.5

EDIT:

I found a thread with themes (a few dead) and another thread with a working link to the DL for UD 2.5

___UD 2.5___
    Download UD 2.5

___Themes___
    Themes For The Ultimate Droid 2.5.0 - All Devices - Updated 2/11/11
    Last edited by 561427; 05-05-2011 at 12:46 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    DROIDX
    Quote Originally Posted by craigs93 View Post
    I really hated to do it, but I had to put my phone (Droid 1) back to stock. Ever since GB came out, I have felt that I had a toy that didn't quite work, rather than a phone. Everything looked great and scrolling was superb, but nothing really worked well. Navigation kept losing GPS, The phone would crash if a call came in while in Nav, random app crashes, random reboots, ADW and Launcher Pro had SERIOUS lag issues.
    I rebooted, re-flashed, wiped everything with TI, with Nandriod and with clockwork...same problems. Tried over 5 different Kernals from different devs. I wasted over 10 hours trying to get a stable phone.
    When I missed a critical phone call from my job because the phone crashed (again), I went home, and reverted back to stock.
    I have to admit that I was surprised how well the phone works. I have only had one app crash (known issue with the app, not the kernal or ROM), I was able to keep most of my apps, and everything just WORKS.
    I will keep an eye on UD and will hopefully take the plunge again if and when I upgrade my trusty D1. But considering the problems with the D1 and GB...Sorry!!
    Welcome back! Don't feel bad about going back to stock. I've been on stock since I got my DroidX over 6 months ago. I considered rooting, then decided against it.

The phone has to be able to do some basic things without the need to hack it:
    Proper backups/restores
    Screenshots
    Some system level stuff (startup configuration, etc)

I can do the above on a Linux PC without root privilege, hacks or custom ROMs.
    Is that too much to ask of Google for Android?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 1
    the funny thing is my og droid 1 ran fantastic on ud3.3 it actualy made it run better. i think its true that every device is different. what works on my droid will make your droid crash. but the funny thing is i just switched to the thunderbolt and couldnt wait to root and debloat and just make it mine.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT ADR6400L
    Why go back to stock? Why not just load up a froyo Rom?

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Das BAMF 1.6.3 Remix
    Adrynaline's Control Freak v2.0 Kernel @ 1400MHZ

Want a Dropbox account? Get 250mb of extra space by following this link: http://db.tt/ldMayfk
    HOW TO INSTALL ROMS AND KERNELS ON YOUR THUNDERBOLT:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thu...underbolt.html
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    this entire thread makes no sense.

i'm going to get out of here now.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Have to say I'm with the guys above. I ran many different GB ROMS and skads of kernels just trying to find something that would work. I finally got fed up with having to always fidget with my phone. So I went back to 2.5 and fell in love with my phone all over again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Moto Droid
    ROM: UD 3.0
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    I was thinking about this too...i don't remember how ud 2.5 was but did it have the theme chooser? or was that a gingerbread only thing?
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links