DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.3.1 what say you?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

3.3.1 what say you?

Well after my initial dissapointment that the ability to change the LED for notifications is still missing, I was extremely happy to see the return of the kernel previously used in UD releases, overall 3.3.1 is running perfect thus far.

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Does your music app kill itself if you enter another app while playing, for example Facebook or navigation?
    The Mooooooon!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just tried it & worked fine, I was just jammin to some black label society, when back to home desktop, then opened app drawer then open facebook & looked around a little, music still playing, then I opend dolphin browser (music still playing) & posting this reply, I would assume an issue like urs would be related to the low memory, & the low memory killer settings, if your using a different launcher do u have it installed to data/app or system/app ? I had adw installed to the system/app I had a video camera recording issue in 3.3.0, it would force close & I would have to reboot to get it to open again, I actually solved the problem 2 different ways, first I tried, changed the low memory killer settings from 8-12-24-28-32-32 to 6-10-22-28-32-32 & it fixed the issue, I also moved adw into the data/app from the system/app & that fixed it to, even with the mem kill settings at 8-12-24-28-32-32...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I also seem to get a better overall performing droid with JIT disabled & a vm heap of 32...
  6. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdnhvy View Post
    changed the low memory killer settings from 8-12-24-28-32-32 to 6-10-22-28-32-32 & it fixed the issue, I also moved adw into the data/app from the system/app & that fixed it to, even with the mem kill settings at 8-12-24-28-32-32...
    How do you do this? I am running another ROM but depending how it's done maybe I can try it...
    The Mooooooon!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    There are two market apps u can use Auto memory manager & the one I use Autokiller memory optimizer..after installed, go into its settings & enable advanced mode, MAKE sure to keep "set at boot" UNCHECKED, until u are 100000% sure ur settings are good to go, in fact I always leave it unchecked, the wrong settings can really cause issues, but a reboot will reset them back to ur roms default.....there is a good read about this over at xda let me see if I can find the link.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @sandfreak450
    Phone
    GNex
    There are two market apps u can use Auto memory manager & the one I use Autokiller memory optimizer..after installed, go into its settings & enable advanced mode, MAKE sure to keep "set at boot" UNCHECKED, until u are 100000% sure ur settings are good to go, in fact I always leave it unchecked, the wrong settings can really cause issues, but a reboot will reset them back to ur roms default.....there is a good read about this over at xda let me see if I can find the link.
    I have a problem that I think might be related to the low memory on OG Droid.

My "widget locker" app keeps turning on and off. Wish the dang thing would stay on. I'm wondering if it's a memory issue and if it is I'm thinkin I'll try that "autokiller" app.

What do you think?

Side note: anybody using "widget locker?" When I reboot, my lockscreen loses all the Widgets so I have to re-apply them every time. This happen to anybody else?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    - Samsung Galaxy Nexus

- Motorola Droid - Retired
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @sandfreak450
    Phone
    GNex
    Ok I went ahead and did it. So far so good. I'll report back with further results

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus

- Motorola Droid - Retired
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    I came from 2.5.0
    At least the market works.
    But I am missing LEDs, and the torch app.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sandfreak View Post
    I have a problem that I think might be related to the low memory on OG Droid.

My "widget locker" app keeps turning on and off. Wish the dang thing would stay on. I'm wondering if it's a memory issue and if it is I'm thinkin I'll try that "autokiller" app.

What do you think?

Side note: anybody using "widget locker?" When I reboot, my lockscreen loses all the Widgets so I have to re-apply them every time. This happen to anybody else?

i have widgetlocker and i just dont even install it on gb roms cuz theres no chance itll work right
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links