DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Bionic (forget the droid pro)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA

Droid Bionic (forget the droid pro)

I was going to get the droid pro, but after reading about the droid bionic, I have changed my mind. I will be getting a droid bionic when they come out. Are there are plans for an Ultimate Droid rom for this device?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cpc28655 View Post
    I was going to get the droid pro, but after reading about the droid bionic, I have changed my mind. I will be getting a droid bionic when they come out. Are there are plans for an Ultimate Droid rom for this device?
    if the phone is as popular as i think its going to be... then i would assume BD will have a ROM for it! the big question is when will the bionic come out... if its anything like the thunderbolt, i wont be holing my breath! although thats the phone im waiting for as well!!!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I was in the boat that was waiting for the bionic but that was when it was leaked that it would have 1 gig of memory and now the official specs are that it will only have 512. That sucks compared to the other big "flagship phones" that are out and are coming out. The other thing is that Verizon is going to a tiered plan before the bionic comes out. Also, I really don't want a thunderbolt but for the performance and $30/month unlimited data i may have to suck it up. That's really not what i want though. I may just stick with the OG droid.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 (CM7) & Eris (GSB)
    Will Verizon adopt tiered data plans before Bionic comes out? I hope not. If they do, I might as well pony up for the TB now.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    They'll have tiered data long before the Bionic comes out.
    As far as UD on it, don't hold your breath. It'll be as locked down as the X or D2.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    Ad astra per alia porci- John Steinbeck.
    No pigs cannot fly, but I am a seventh day porcinist and believe that bacon was brought to us by angels.

Razr, Charge, Thunderbolt, DroidX, Fascinate, OG Droid, GalaxyTab
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    That was another major concern... the locked boot loader on Moto phones. Damn them.

Inching closer to the TB.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    I am hoping that they will treat their future phones ie. the bionic, like they have the xoom. If you remember while the xoom was still in development a Motorola dude said that it would be locked down and after a lot of backlash from developers and general users they backed down and left it wide open, and it was rooted a couple of hours after it was sold. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the atrix was rooted before it was even released.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum25 View Post
    I was in the boat that was waiting for the bionic but that was when it was leaked that it would have 1 gig of memory and now the official specs are that it will only have 512. That sucks compared to the other big "flagship phones" that are out and are coming out. The other thing is that Verizon is going to a tiered plan before the bionic comes out. Also, I really don't want a thunderbolt but for the performance and $30/month unlimited data i may have to suck it up. That's really not what i want though. I may just stick with the OG droid.
    Ddd
    1gb of ram in the atrix...512 is saved for the laptop dock mode........
    So what other phone has 1gb? I haven't kept up.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm not sure if I want to risk giving up unlimited 4G just to wait and hope that Moto doesn't lockdown the Bionic. Plus, 512 RAM is really puzzling in a high end device.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum25 View Post
    I am hoping that they will treat their future phones ie. the bionic, like they have the xoom. If you remember while the xoom was still in development a Motorola dude said that it would be locked down and after a lot of backlash from developers and general users they backed down and left it wide open, and it was rooted a couple of hours after it was sold. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the atrix was rooted before it was even released.
    Rooted, yes. But rooting the phone isn't the only issue. Look at the Droid X and Droid 2. They are technically "rooted" but the bootloaders are still locked. So that means no true custom ROMs and no custom kernels. Whatever build a dev comes up with must be the same as the stock ROM (meaning build number and kernel) otherwise it's not possible.
    Project Elite v6.5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links