I am a constant ROM swapper...always looking for the perfect combination of features, speed, and battery life. I think I may finally call UD 3.1.1 home. At first it was a tad laggy and I had some redraw issues but I have gotten it tuned up and it is damn fast. I'm not so bummed about having to hold onto this old droid until my contract renewal in November anymore. Anyway, here is what I did to get it running so well for me:
- Installed the LV-250-1200-v32kernel and ramzswap from P3Droid Kernels
- Set min 250, max 1200, and governer to interactive in UD CPU settings
- Installed all the apps that I normally use but left out ones that I intend to use one day but never do =)
- Used Titanium to move the larger games to ./androidsecure (apps2sd)
- Used spare parts to turn off tansition and window animations.
- Installed swapper2 from the market and created a 48mb swap, using /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 as the swap partition (internal rather than on SD card-found under advanced settings) and a swappiness setting of 60.
- Installed ADW EX, set it to "system persistent" and set "lock home in memory" in UD settings
Anyone having redraw or lag issues, give this a try and tell me how it works for you.