DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My D1 & UD 3.1.0 must have been seperated at birth, because....

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

My D1 & UD 3.1.0 must have been seperated at birth, because....

......they are a match made in heaven, I can say without question that UD 3.1.0 is the best ROM my d1 has ever experienced. By far the smoothest & quickest in every way, every app even seem more responsive, & best the battery life Ive ever seen...excellent job BD !!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Just out of curiosity, how are you getting such good battery life? Not that mine is terrible, but it could get better...

Play a jam!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah seems very snappy. I think it's too early to comment on battery life though.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    between this and liquid 1.4...im in heaven
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Rooted
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Battery Life

Let me start by saying that during the week battery life is priority 1 for my droid, being that do to my job, I am unable to charge whatsoever anywhere from 9-11 hour span, so I tweak my droid as much as poosible to suit that.

Where do I begin...well I guess of course the obvious would be, not to use any live wallpapers.

For me its:
    Never use live wallpapers
    I dont use any widgets
    Keep all locations off both gps & network
    In "settings" - "wireless & networks" - "mobile networks" keep "data roaming" disabled
    I keep wifi off unless I am at home, which then I have in the advanced tab, wifi sleep policy set to "when screen turns off"
    I dont have or let any apps to "auto refresh" such as facebook, or weather bug, I keep them disabled from "auto refreshing"
    I dont know how much an effect this has if any on battery useage, but I also have all my animations turned off, but I do that simply because it makes my phone so much snappier
    I also utilize the automatic backlight tweaks that UD has, I use custom levels & settings for each.
    And I know this is repeated often, but NEVER use any task killer app, I use "autostarts" from the market (that Skull One recommended) to control your apps even before they are allowed to start (if u think that is a drain)
    Also, use & experiment with the advanced tab in SetCpu, I have found threw experimentation, that adjusting the "up threshold" up or down greatly affects battery drain & why is pretty obvious, in laymens terms it sets how soon your cpu ramps to 100% & more importantly it obviosly so affects how much time your cpu runs @ 100%, I have especially found that with Gingerbread this # can be set relatively high, do to the added demands Gingerbread seems to put on the cpu, its going to load the cpu harder therefore ramping up the cpu sooner, right now, looking at my droid I have my Up Threshold set to 95%, & my d1 is plenty snappy for me.

Im sure I miss some of my tweaks, if I did Ill post em as they come.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I noticed in your signature, you have Raidzero's kernel listed, I ran a Raidzero kernel & for my d1 I was initially very impressed with its performance, but when my d1 came to sleep, it was suffering from insomnia, Im not saying this is the case for you at all & I AM IN NO WAY knocking on Raidzero's kernels, as we all know kernels are on a ph to ph basis, but I would, after several hours of being unplugged & several hours of your ph "sleeping" in settings-about phone-battery history-look what your #'s are at, especially compare the "running" & the "screen on" as well as "android system"....

Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how are you getting such good battery life? Not that mine is terrible, but it could get better...

Play a jam!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Wow thanks for the awesome write up. FYI, I'm not running raidzero anymore. I flashed chevy's lv 1ghz from rom manager and my phone likes it a lot. Thanks again man.

Play a jam!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No problem, as much as the forums have help me, I try to be of help whenever I can.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid ( UD )
    I didnt tweak as much as you did for battery, but I did go back and turn back the overclock to 600... The only delay I have noticed is when switching from keyboard mode... But I do run a few widgets so they have to refresh when closing keyboard....
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You're right...everything is phone-by-phone. Have you ran LGB 1.4? No doubt UD and Liquid are the best ROMs out there. I used UD's Froyo ROM exclusively. Then I changed to LGB as they were leading the way for Gingerbread. What are you're getting with UD that LGB is unable to give you? From what I'm reading, UD's 3.1.0 bug list is growing where Liquid's is pretty much perfected (there's still a few minor things to tweak). Let's see if you can persuade me to switch again...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links