DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: ADW EX and UD 2.5

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jkimeatc
    Phone
    Droid, SD 8

ADW EX and UD 2.5

I am using the new ADW EX launcher with my UD 2.5 and have noticed some problems with it. If I load more than 5 widgets on my screens, the transition animations bog down and lag. When I flip to a new screen, sometimes it will lag then switch real quick, or it will switch super slow. With 5 or fewer widgets it works fine. This only happens with UD 2.5. Tried BB, Project Elite, and Steel Droid and ADW worked fine with all my usual widgets loaded. I love UD and want to come back but want to use the ADW EX launcher with it. Anyone else having this problem? Have any ideas?
    Hey mother, I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and its not a toaster.
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atcjeff View Post
    I am using the new ADW EX launcher with my UD 2.5 and have noticed some problems with it. If I load more than 5 widgets on my screens, the transition animations bog down and lag. When I flip to a new screen, sometimes it will lag then switch real quick, or it will switch super slow. With 5 or fewer widgets it works fine. This only happens with UD 2.5. Tried BB, Project Elite, and Steel Droid and ADW worked fine with all my usual widgets loaded. I love UD and want to come back but want to use the ADW EX launcher with it. Anyone else having this problem? Have any ideas?
    2.5.0 had issues with adw ex for me also. works perfect on the beta and new nightlies though. not sure why 2.5.0 has an issue with it though. but its not just you.
    Member #
    Phone
    I set my adw ex to "fast" in the presets menu and it has made me a convert from launcher pro plus. No problems at all with ud 2.5

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, retired D1
    My ADW EX is working great with UD2.5. I did find a scenario where I could bring ADW to a choppy mess. I put a 3x3 Android Agenda Widget on my screen in a 4x5 screen. It didn't like something about that, so I changed the widget to a 3x2. All is well again. Still playing with it to find out why...

Links