DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UD 3.0 Theme Chooser

1. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member

UD 3.0 Theme Chooser

I am wondering how this works - I see the two preinstalled themes (system) and (androidian) but how do I add more, if I was to make my own where do I put the files to be able to access them -

I just pulled the framework-res.apk and themed it the old fashioned way but it would be nice to implement this feature - also does anyone know where the WiFi - 3G - and - Signal Icons are pulled from...I didn't find them in the drawable-hdpi folder and I can see they get themed with the theme chooser app (but doesn't stick) - if this has been answered somewhere else let me know and I will get a Mod to delete this thread

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    I am wondering how this works - I see the two preinstalled themes (system) and (androidian) but how do I add more, if I was to make my own where do I put the files to be able to access them -

I just pulled the framework-res.apk and themed it the old fashioned way but it would be nice to implement this feature - also does anyone know where the WiFi - 3G - and - Signal Icons are pulled from...I didn't find them in the drawable-hdpi folder and I can see they get themed with the theme chooser app (but doesn't stick) - if this has been answered somewhere else let me know and I will get a Mod to delete this thread
    so pulling the framework-res does work? i thought i read that people were having issues theming GB, because it wouldnt stick...can you confirm that it actually works by flashing a themed framework?
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    It does work - I took most of the .png's from 2.3 and pulled the 3.0 framework-res.apk and swapped them out - it was a tedious process as the 2.3 drawable folder has 100 plus more images then the 3.0 one - so I literally had to go one by one so I didn't end up with un-needed images in my framework, what doesn't seem to stick is the WiFi - Signal - and - 3G Icons but these are not in the framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi folder...I don't know where they are pulled from - they do get themed with the theme chooser but as others have stated, it doesn't stick

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    jfltevzw
    It's strange, the wifi and 3g icons seem to change initially then revert to "stock", but then oddly enough the longer I run my theme the more consistently I see the replacement icons.
    ~Word~
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    i have no clue on this one guys, not gonna lie. im waiting for BD to get online and ill get him to get back to you guys for an answer.
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Thanks RX -

8. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid UD V10 RC1
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post

There are more things in gingerbread that you have to theme in order to make sure it is fully themed. Some of the Wifi, 3Gl, and singal icons are in the SystemUi.apk. I am going to make a tutorial on the new themeing system soon. Making a tutorial as I make my own theme and lockscreen work with it. I will make sure that you guys have a tutorial in time enough to make your themes for the full release.
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the blackdroid View Post
    Some of the Wifi, 3Gl, and singal icons are in the SystemUi.apk.
    I will be looking forward to the tutorial but in the meantime this ^ is the answer I was looking for - thanks

10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    If you are having issues with decompiling the SystemUI.apk, you will have to incorporate the framework-res.apk into apktool. I put apktool, framework-res, and SystemUI all in the same folder, opened the terminal and navigated to it and used this command:

java -jar apktool.jar if framework-res.apk

This allows you to then usual the normal d command to open the SystemUI. Hope this helps.

PS. If you have your java path set up, I don't think you need to do the java -jar thing, but I never seem to get that right so just do it the long way. LoL
  11. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    I just use 7zip to change out .png's - no need to decompile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links