DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: UD 1.0 and overclock

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

UD 1.0 and overclock

So I rooted my original Moto Droid back 6 mos ago or so. Flashed the Ultimate Droid 1.0 Rom because it seemed like the newest UD Rom still had some bugs at the time. I haven't theme'd it. Anyhow, just wondering....if I use the settings without installing any new kernal, it's set for minimum speed of 250, and max of 650. How far north of 650 can I safely set the overclock without ending up with Droid Au Jus.

I've thought about upgrading to a newer version, but not sure of the difficulty of backing up apps, emails, sms and mms. When I flashed the UD Rom I lost all my sms, mms, call logs and emails. pissed me off.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, retired D1
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhaven View Post
    So I rooted my original Moto Droid back 6 mos ago or so. Flashed the Ultimate Droid 1.0 Rom because it seemed like the newest UD Rom still had some bugs at the time. I haven't theme'd it. Anyhow, just wondering....if I use the settings without installing any new kernal, it's set for minimum speed of 250, and max of 650. How far north of 650 can I safely set the overclock without ending up with Droid Au Jus.

I've thought about upgrading to a newer version, but not sure of the difficulty of backing up apps, emails, sms and mms. When I flashed the UD Rom I lost all my sms, mms, call logs and emails. pissed me off.
    With regard to overclocking, there's not a single answer, every phone is different. Most people have no problem clocking to 800 MHz, including myself. At 1 GHz, some people report issues, reboots, temperature probs, some don't. I have occasional reboots at 1 GHz. I run at 800 MHz max and think it's not much different from 1 GHz.

I would upgrade to UD2.5. It really is that much better, and there are a ton of themes for it. Gingerbread ROMs are in beta for UD, but I'd wait as it'll be a while until they're stable.
    You need to get Titanium Backup and back up your apps, call logs, sms, etc. I would then recommend wiping data/cache, loading UD 2.5, re-downloading Titanium from the market, restoring your apps, sms, call logs, etc, and then decide if you wanted to theme/change kernels. You can theme and wipe kernels without wiping. I would strongly suggest you nandroid backup along each step (nandroid before changing kernels, before changing themes, etc). Good luck.

Links