DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: change banner on lock screen?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

change banner on lock screen?

is it possible to change the verizon banner that appears on the lock screen ?

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Settings > UD Settings > User Interface > Date and Provider

DroidForums Junkie!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i knew i had to be loosing my mind when i couldnt find it. but, i see how to turn it on and off, but is it possible to change it to something else ?

thanks ! UD rocks !!
    Last edited by loco; 01-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    You have to edit the Eri.xml located in framework-res.apk/res/xml folder.

Here is the code from the decompiled apk:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    - <EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="19" EriFileType="1">
    <CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0" />

<CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1" />

<CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="0" IconIndex="0" IconMode="0" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="1" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="2" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="64" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Verizon Wireless" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="65" IconIndex="65" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="66" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="67" IconIndex="67" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="68" IconIndex="68" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="69" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="70" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="71" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="72" IconIndex="72" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="73" IconIndex="73" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="74" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="75" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="76" IconIndex="76" IconMode="0" EriText="Verizon Wireless" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="77" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Verizon Wireless" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="78" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

<EriInfo RoamingIndicator="79" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />

</EriFile>

On RoamingIndicator="64" change the EriText from Verizon to whatever you want it to display.

Just use apk manager to decompile, recompile and resign your framework-res.apk and push back into your phone.

If you do a search there is also a tutorial on editing the Eri.xml using a hex editor so you don't have to decompile/recompile but that limits you to the 16 characters used by verizon wireless.

If you feel this is too difficult send me a pm with what you would like it to say and I can throw together an update.zip for you to install.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    hey thanks for the reply. unfortunately im not quite on that level yet. ive been experimenting with a few things, but nothing this in depth. thanks so much for the info. im sending the pm now.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So i dont have the banner, nor have I ever seen it. is their a reason for that??
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tee00max View Post
    So i dont have the banner, nor have I ever seen it. is their a reason for that??
    I don't have it either. Never have. But I'm a former Alltel customer and I still use my old Alltel family plan and I was told by Verizon that this is the reason my phone doesn't have the banner.

Links