DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Swap Kernels on UD

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Swap Kernels on UD

Saw some posts talking about kernels swapping (installation). Just like to say something that's my own experience and some friends' as well.

We just wanted to use P3Droid kernels on UD roms. No matter how we tried, always no luck. But after flashing Slayher's kernels, P3 Droid finally was working fine.

Don't know why. Weird enough! Hope this is helpful to someone who is trying to flash kernels other than Slayher's.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Last edited by robbienick; 12-29-2010 at 06:52 PM.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Not sure if you are talking about swap or compcache, but I was able to use P3Droid's kernel with compcache. I installed his LV 900 MHz kernel then flashed the RAMZSWAP module. It has worked just fine.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by firejuan View Post
    Not sure if you are talking about swap or compcache, but I was able to use P3Droid's kernel with compcache. I installed his LV 900 MHz kernel then flashed the RAMZSWAP module. It has worked just fine.
    Thanks for your reply! Actually, I'm talking about installing P3Droid kernels. My friends and I could not do that to the stock UD ROM until we installed one of Slayhers. That's weird, isn't it?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Here is an interesting twist. I was having problems with my wifi, so I had to unroot/reroot then reinstall UD. I flashed the P3Droid kernel followed by the RAMZSWAP module and compcache did not work. I then flashed the liquid slayher kernel and the compcache module and got compcache working, but once I turned my wifi on my phone started to bootloop. On a whim I flashed the P3Droid kernel again followed by the RAMZSWAP module and compcache was working as well as my wifi which is what prompted a 2 hour unroot/reroot.

So I recommend (1) flash liquid slayher kernel (or possibly slayher 1.6 kernel) followed by the compcache module (2) boot phone and make sure that compcache is on and functioning (3) finally flash the P3Droid kernel +/- RAMZSWAP module.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by firejuan View Post
    Here is an interesting twist. I was having problems with my wifi, so I had to unroot/reroot then reinstall UD. I flashed the P3Droid kernel followed by the RAMZSWAP module and compcache did not work. I then flashed the liquid slayher kernel and the compcache module and got compcache working, but once I turned my wifi on my phone started to bootloop. On a whim I flashed the P3Droid kernel again followed by the RAMZSWAP module and compcache was working as well as my wifi which is what prompted a 2 hour unroot/reroot.

So I recommend (1) flash liquid slayher kernel (or possibly slayher 1.6 kernel) followed by the compcache module (2) boot phone and make sure that compcache is on and functioning (3) finally flash the P3Droid kernel +/- RAMZSWAP module.
    This is the same as what I did.

Links