DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adw ex

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #

Adw ex

Just letting everyone know I decided to try out adw ex & it's well worth the $3.28. Its got a lot of new features like changing the animations when you slide between screens & a few different types of app drawers. It has a bit of a bigger memory footprint but I've yet to have any screen redraws with compcache turned off & actually feels snappier than LP or regular adw........ the biggest turn off though is it has its own windowed transitions that I can't seem to turn off. Hopefully that will be remedied in future updates.

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    see i tried it and had terrible lag. i turned off the screen animations, 4d scrolling, fancy icon backgrounds also and still it ran bad. idk whats up with ti for me bc i had the beta a month ago and had it all on and it ran great and previous ud releases.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Bump,
    I know this is in the UD section but anyone try this on BB 6.1 yet?
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1 Froyo/Ultimate Droid
    I like ADW EX so far. I'm not getting any of the lag and it is pretty snappy.
    I make wallpapers and then I force all of my friends to use them. If they don't I refuse to help them with their Droids. lol

Breeze theme for Ultimate Droid 2.5.0 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...se-breeze.html

Breeze theme for Sapphire 2.0.0 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvp...e-2-0-0-a.html

If you like what I do then please pinch my butt or something. Let me know that you care.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by ballmore View Post
    Any real 'usefulness' or functional improvements over LP? I'm having no redraws or lag with LP (full version) so need something other than performance (have they added more 'docks' yet to ADW? that is one thing I like with LP are the 12 dock locations).
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KZIWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ballmore View Post
    Any real 'usefulness' or functional improvements over LP? I'm having no redraws or lag with LP (full version) so need something other than performance (have they added more 'docks' yet to ADW? that is one thing I like with LP are the 12 dock locations).
    Yes, with 5 different app drawer choices (from performance to looks) and the hidden app drawer (which has been here forever) that has the same functionality as multiple docks. Oh, and some kick-arse transition animations XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------
    Rom: CyanogenMod 7 Winner00's Nightly #85
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.1.0.2
    Kernel: Prime's deprimed_test
    Theme: Stock
    Launcher: ADW EX 1.2.2
    Launcher Theme: Gingerbread
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/ihaztehwingz

-----------------------------------
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknspank View Post
    Yes, with 5 different app drawer choices (from performance to looks) and the hidden app drawer (which has been here forever) that has the same functionality as multiple docks. Oh, and some kick-arse transition animations XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Cool, thanks, I'll check it out. Like the custom app drawer idea.

Edit:
    Can anyone confirm that it supports 'scrollable' widgets for me before I drop the $, thanks.
    Last edited by KZIWarrior; 12-26-2010 at 01:56 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Sliding between screens is so snappy for me now. I've never been able to get LP or adw to be this smooth. Also I'm not experiencing any jutter when scrolling in the app drawer like I had before.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I gave it a shot. Still so laggy! LPP is way faster on my phone. I didn't notice any difference btwn ADW and ADW EX in terms of snappiness or smooth scrolling. Also would still lag a lot waking up. Ill stick with LPP and wait to see what fede has in store next.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag1 View Post
    I gave it a shot. Still so laggy! LPP is way faster on my phone. I didn't notice any difference btwn ADW and ADW EX in terms of snappiness or smooth scrolling. Also would still lag a lot waking up. Ill stick with LPP and wait to see what fede has in store next.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
    Thanks for the tip. LPP is flawless for me right now (even when combined with WidgetLocker), considering the new BS refund policy on the market I think I'll pass.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links