DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Droid 2.5.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't know why but I noticed my "battery use"(or whatever it was called)tab is no longer under the "about phone" menu. is this purposely like this in the frg83d build??? not a huge deal but I couldn't help but to point this out.
    2bit's droid stats:
    Phone: original Droid 1
    Current Rom: Simply Stunning v5.4(2.3.4 gingerbread)
    Kernel: chevy mv 1ghz
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsyboy View Post
    UD 2.5 is running great! I have not experienced any issues except the "emergency calls only" on the lock screen. The new market app also installed cleanly for me using the install option in UD settings.

Nice work UD team!

Wiped UD 1.0
    Clean install 2.5

Droid 1
    UD 2.5
    NexTheme 2.5
    Slayer LV 1000 1.6
    Sweeterhome2
    I've tried installing that market app 3 times and it won't do anything? It just says it's installing then when I check the drawer nothing is there? I even tried rebooting (which did fix my lockscreen wallpaper issue...thanks!). I wish the market would work? Anything I can do to get the UD market install to work?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by TuBitMittens View Post
    I don't know why but I noticed my "battery use"(or whatever it was called)tab is no longer under the "about phone" menu. is this purposely like this in the frg83d build??? not a huge deal but I couldn't help but to point this out.
    Its under Ultimate Settings > Device Info

Sent from my Droid using my Droid
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsyboy View Post
    UD 2.5 is running great! I have not experienced any issues except the "emergency calls only" on the lock screen. The new market app also installed cleanly for me using the install option in UD settings.

Nice work UD team!

Wiped UD 1.0
    Clean install 2.5

Droid 1
    UD 2.5
    NexTheme 2.5
    Slayer LV 1000 1.6
    Sweeterhome2
    I've tried installing that market app 3 times and it won't do anything? It just says it's installing then when I check the drawer nothing is there? I even tried rebooting (which did fix my lockscreen wallpaper issue...thanks!). I wish the market would work? Anything I can do to get the UD market install to work?
    Try the process I posted on the previous page. Worked great for me.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    cdjones187
    Phone
    DROID, DROID X, and DROID 3
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    For anyone who is having issues installing the Darkside.zip (New Themed Market) from within the UD settings, the original thread and .zip can be found here ---> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/the...nding-apk.html
    For anyone having troubles with the new market update, please read the quoted info above. I don't understand how you can all be having problems, as it worked perfect for me. Here's how I did it:

Click the link above using your phone (I did all of this on my phone, I did NOT use any computer for this). In the first post of the thread, you will see several links for differently themed markets. I chose "Darkside.zip" and downloaded it using xScope browser on my phone (you can probably just use any browser as long as you know where your downloaded files are saved to in your sd card). After it was downloaded, I rebooted into recovery and chose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card. Then, I found my /xScope/downloads folder, where my downloaded black market file was originally saved to. Select the file and flash it. No wipe. Reboot your phone and it should be installed as Black Market. If this doesn't work for you, then you are doing something wrong.

I tried to be as thorough as possible, but if you have any questions about this particular process, feel free to PM me. I use my phone to download and flash everything, and I've never used a computer. I've never had a single problem. Hope this helps those of you who can't get the Black Market to install.

EDIT: The link can be found on page 6. It has been provided by tp76. (Sorry I can't give a post number, I am using the DF app, and they don't show them.)

I'm not doing anything wrong at all. I have installed hundreds up .zips this way without a problem. For some people it just doesn't work.

When I push the .zip through recovery it seems to install, on reboot my market is gone. Nothing in the app drawer either.
    Droid 3 ICS/Liberty Gold (current builds) running @ 1.2Ghz

Let Motorola hear your voice, sign the petition to UNLOCK our bootloaders!

Click HERE to view and sign the petition!

Follow @Cdjones187
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TuBitMittens View Post
    Its under Ultimate Settings > Device Info

thanks. also another thing I noticed is that under device info it says the mod version is 2.4.0, not 2.5.0. is this just a mistake?? thanks again for the help. still finding my way around with the rom here..
    EDIT: looking in the one of the op pics it seems to be the same thing so I guess there's nothing wrong...
    Last edited by TuBitMittens; 12-15-2010 at 07:35 PM.
    2bit's droid stats:
    Phone: original Droid 1
    Current Rom: Simply Stunning v5.4(2.3.4 gingerbread)
    Kernel: chevy mv 1ghz
    Nex theme & Launcher Pro
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    That's odd. Mine says 2.5.0. Are you sure the update downloaded correctly and you are in fact running 2.5?

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdjones187 View Post
    I'm not doing anything wrong at all. I have installed hundreds up .zips this way without a problem. For some people it just doesn't work.

When I push the .zip through recovery it seems to install, on reboot my market is gone. Nothing in the app drawer either.
    That's weird too. Well, I just thought it would give the recommendation because it worked flawlessly for me. Hope you can find a fix.

8. Droid Ninja
    Member #

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I did a speed up market and fix permissions tweek before installing the new market. Not sure if this helped...... After reboot the new market app was working.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @sandfreak450
    Phone
    GNex
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdjones187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    For anyone who is having issues installing the Darkside.zip (New Themed Market) from within the UD settings, the original thread and .zip can be found here ---> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/the...nding-apk.html
    For anyone having troubles with the new market update, please read the quoted info above. I don't understand how you can all be having problems, as it worked perfect for me. Here's how I did it:

Click the link above using your phone (I did all of this on my phone, I did NOT use any computer for this). In the first post of the thread, you will see several links for differently themed markets. I chose "Darkside.zip" and downloaded it using xScope browser on my phone (you can probably just use any browser as long as you know where your downloaded files are saved to in your sd card). After it was downloaded, I rebooted into recovery and chose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card. Then, I found my /xScope/downloads folder, where my downloaded black market file was originally saved to. Select the file and flash it. No wipe. Reboot your phone and it should be installed as Black Market. If this doesn't work for you, then you are doing something wrong.

I tried to be as thorough as possible, but if you have any questions about this particular process, feel free to PM me. I use my phone to download and flash everything, and I've never used a computer. I've never had a single problem. Hope this helps those of you who can't get the Black Market to install.

EDIT: The link can be found on page 6. It has been provided by tp76. (Sorry I can't give a post number, I am using the DF app, and they don't show them.)

yeah...i tried it again the way explained above and nothing, i also have no market again.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Links