1. Download "Ninja Morph" from the market (you will need root access to use this tool)
2. Open it and let it set itself up.
3. Press the "New Project" button.
4. Navigate to: system/framework/framwork.apk and let it extract the 1200+ files.
5. Go inside of the extracted files and navigate to
6. Scroll all the way to the bottom and delete the headphone image file.
7. complete/finisht he project and restart
Note: This may cause errors for some phones, unsure though. Did not cause an issue with my Droid 1.