DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SystemPanel App - doesn't show "live" CPU Clock speed

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus - LTE

SystemPanel App - doesn't show "live" CPU Clock speed

Hey everyone,

Just moved to UD 2.3.0 from another ROM (Sapphire 1.1.1), and so far it is SWEET! I will probably be upgrading to the 2.4.0 version later today.

I just have a couple of questions about overclocking for the experts out there...

I am on the Droid 1, and using the latest Slayher 1200 kernel (max 1100, min 300). I was at 1200, but I had a spontaneous reboot last night while in the Market updating a few apps.

1. Is SetCPU even needed on this ROM? It appears that there are built in overclocking settings within the "Ultimate Settings" menu, and I have been using them (successfully as far as I can tell). I actually uninstalled SetCPU for this reason. This leads to question 2:

2. I also run an app called SystemPanel. It monitors various factors (battery, cpu, etc) and runs in the background. Previously, when I would run the program and look at the live stats, it would show a visual indicator of the current clock speed and the numeric value. Now, it just shows as zero. Is this related to the ROM, or is it related to the kernel?

Here is a screenshot:

With SetCPU, you had a way to view the "live" clock speed if you wanted (with either the active widget) within the app itself.

Finally, what is your recommendation regarding the governor? I have always used the "ondemand" option, but I have heard others like the "interactive"...

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The one thing I can comment on is your observation in system panel not showing the "real time" cpu speed....Slayhers kernels have never displayey the real time cpu speed in system panel, nor do they show the "time in state" in setc cpu nor do they show cpu info in "android system info" app, regardless of the rom (petty reason, but that is the reasons i dont use them, they are great kernels, but i find that info helpful at monitoring what ur cpu is doing, so i stick with chevys) It seems some kernels show that info others do not, & some seem to show that info sporadically.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus - LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdnhvy View Post
    The one thing I can comment on is your observation in system panel not showing the "real time" cpu speed....Slayhers kernels have never displayey the real time cpu speed in system panel, nor do they show the "time in state" in setc cpu nor do they show cpu info in "android system info" app, regardless of the rom (petty reason, but that is the reasons i dont use them, they are great kernels, but i find that info helpful at monitoring what ur cpu is doing, so i stick with chevys) It seems some kernels show that info others do not, & some seem to show that info sporadically.
    So this is a kernel limitation - not the ROM? Are you using chevy's kernel with UD 2.3.0?

Thanks for the response!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I can say with confidence its a kernel thing...I have used chevys kernels with the last 3 UD roms with 100% success.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I'm using a Slayher kernel and mine DOES show a live speed. Both 1.6 and LFY work. At times, upon reboot, it won't show for a couple of minutes; I don't know why it does that, but after a few mins, I get a live cpu clock speed

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Strange....mine would do just the opposite, when sporadically slayhers would show the live speed for me it was always right away after a reboot, then the first time my phone would "sleep" after waking it, would no longer display the speeds....I would like to hear others results to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnydroid View Post
    I'm using a Slayher kernel and mine DOES show a live speed. Both 1.6 and LFY work. At times, upon reboot, it won't show for a couple of minutes; I don't know why it does that, but after a few mins, I get a live cpu clock speed

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dunderbolt
    I have also been using System Panel and for some time now ( not positive but maybe a couple months ) the app stopped giving me accurate clock speeds. I have used multiple kernels on multiple roms and still the same result. Sometimes the cpu clock would be active, sometimes not, but still doesn't accurately reflect my speed. I am using a Chevy ULV 1.1 and it only shows my max at 800. (which by the way is the stock max for UD 2.4). My feeling is that the app needs an update.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hrdnhvy
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Are u using Setcpu or the built in cpu clock in ud settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrozz07 View Post
    I have also been using System Panel and for some time now ( not positive but maybe a couple months ) the app stopped giving me accurate clock speeds. I have used multiple kernels on multiple roms and still the same result. Sometimes the cpu clock would be active, sometimes not, but still doesn't accurately reflect my speed. I am using a Chevy ULV 1.1 and it only shows my max at 800. (which by the way is the stock max for UD 2.4). My feeling is that the app needs an update.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dunderbolt
    [QUOTE=hrdnhvy;1067232]Are u using Setcpu or the built in cpu clock in ud settings?

SetCPU is uninstalled at the moment. I use the stock clock on ROMs that have one built in.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdnhvy View Post
    Strange....mine would do just the opposite, when sporadically slayhers would show the live speed for me it was always right away after a reboot, then the first time my phone would "sleep" after waking it, would no longer display the speeds....I would like to hear others results to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnydroid View Post

It is strange. Just did three tests (reboots) and got a live speed right away, on all three reboots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links