DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.3 Lock Screen disable

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid

2.3 Lock Screen disable

I used to use MyLock to disable the lock screen prior to the Froyo update. Since then, MyLock has been useless. I'm glad to see the option to disable the lock screen from the power widget in 2.3, but has anyone actually had any success with with it? I turn the lock screen off, and it will work for a little bit, but then it seems to always turn itself back on. I hate having to press the power button AND the slide lock to use my phone. Anyone know of a way to completely disable the slide lock and make it where only the power button (not camera and volume buttons) wakes and unlocks the screen?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    I used to use MyLock to disable the lock screen prior to the Froyo update. Since then, MyLock has been useless. I'm glad to see the option to disable the lock screen from the power widget in 2.3, but has anyone actually had any success with with it? I turn the lock screen off, and it will work for a little bit, but then it seems to always turn itself back on. I hate having to press the power button AND the slide lock to use my phone. Anyone know of a way to completely disable the slide lock and make it where only the power button (not camera and volume buttons) wakes and unlocks the screen?

It's funny because I posted almost this exact same thread a few days ago.

I still use MyLock because the built in function, like you said... doesn't function properly.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Ditto... I also wish for a more permanent solution.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 561427 View Post
    Ditto... I also wish for a more permanent solution.

I have been asking about this for a while now and have gotten no responces on a real solution.
    Ultimate Droid 2.5.0
    ChevyNo1 7step LV1.1Ghz kernel
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    All I've read is from the MyLock programmers. They quit updating it because of something to do with Froyo. Apparently 2.2 has that built in lock screen and it will automaticaly restore itself. MyLock was doing the same thing...I'd turn it on and it would work for about 30 minutes. Then it would just turn off. hope somenbody is able to figure out a way to disable it.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    All I've read is from the MyLock programmers. They quit updating it because of something to do with Froyo. Apparently 2.2 has that built in lock screen and it will automaticaly restore itself. MyLock was doing the same thing...I'd turn it on and it would work for about 30 minutes. Then it would just turn off. hope somenbody is able to figure out a way to disable it.

MyLock still works for me...
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot2scre View Post

Is it working to where only the power button will unlock the screen? And it doesn't re-set after a while? If so, what version MyLock and can you send me the .apk. I really want it back and the one in the market now doesn't work for me.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot2scre View Post

Is it working to where only the power button will unlock the screen? And it doesn't re-set after a while? If so, what version MyLock and can you send me the .apk. I really want it back and the one in the market now doesn't work for me.

I have myLock Auto Unlock version 1.4c

And yes... it still works, 100% of the time.

I don't have the .apk still. It's still installed on my phone though. Whats the easiest way to get that to you?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Not sure if this will work, but let's give it a try. If you have Root Explorer or Astro, go into your /system/app folder and find MyLock. make sure you are set to R/W. COPY MyLock and paste it on the root of your SD. Then connect your phone to your computer and you should be able to attach it here. Might have to zip it first...not sure.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Not sure if this will work, but let's give it a try. If you have Root Explorer or Astro, go into your /system/app folder and find MyLock. make sure you are set to R/W. COPY MyLock and paste it on the root of your SD. Then connect your phone to your computer and you should be able to attach it here. Might have to zip it first...not sure.
    That's the problem... myLock isn't a system app so it's not in there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links