DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UD 2.1 Weird Battery Question

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Guys, I encountered this issue several weeks back.. after a full charge to 100% minimal usage will bring it down to 80%.. then from 80% it'll drop down to 50%. I have the same charging issue as mentioned above.

I thought it was due to a failing battery... So I went out and purchased another one and the problem persisted. I called Verizon and notified them of the issue. I will be receiving my replacement shortly.

So the question now... what is causing this to happen?
    Last edited by compton; 12-06-2010 at 01:57 PM.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I have the latest nightly of 2.3.0 and experienced this very thing last night. It's like the battery life lasted all day but once I was on 50 percent for a little while it dropped to 20 and then 15 and then 10 very very fast.

Is it the ROM? Is there anything to the battery stats clearing mentioned?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Hey all.

I had this issue with UD 2.0, and was hoping it would be fixed when I flashed 2.1, but no luck. I had the "goes straight from 50% to 20%" deal, but noticed that my battery life was still pretty good -- it would stay on 5% for a looong time before it actually died. Figured the ROM was just mis-reporting the battery info somehow, so I tried wiping the battery stats and all that -- still no luck.

Then I flashed a Chevy's kernel, wiped battery stats, and I've been good since then. I have a hunch the Interactive governer in the stock Sapphire kernel and Slayher's kernel is behind this, but I never really tested it.

So, my advice -- if you're running a Sapphire or Slayher's kernel -- try switching to On Demand, wipe your stats, and use for a few days to see if things return to normal. Or try flashing a Chevy's.

Let me know if anybody has any luck with this. I've been thinking of going back to an Interactive kernel to see if the problem returns.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid A855
    Well since im having this very same issue, let me add my $0.02...

I have been noticing for almost a month now that my D1 does the same thing. I flash roms regularly as well as kernels. I can fully charge my phone and after I unplug it and use it (texting, few emails, a little music) my battery begins to drop. This is normal. But to me, what is UNnormal is the fact that it will get to 80% and then drop to 50%, then to 20% and the next thing I know, my phone is telling me i'm below 15%.
    I do use SetCPU and I only overclock my phone at 700 on ANY kernel. I have tried all kinds of different kernels using the On Demand governor from Chevy's ULV's to P3 Droid's to Sapphire to Slayher's and I still get the same results. This issue just kind of bothers me because I can't fully enjoy these awesome roms like I want to for charging my effin battery every 3-4 hrs. That's ridiculous to me.
    Have I tried wiping battery stats? Yes I have. I have tried wiping while the phone was on 100% still plugged in as well as while the phone was on like 5% as well as letting it fully charge and then letting the phone power itself down, fully recharging and repeating, and still I receive the SAME results. Now I'm frustrated.

For those of you who aren't familiar with wiping battery stats, this can ONLY be done in Clockwork recovery mode. SPRecovery will not allow you to do this. How do you get clockwork? The way that I did it was I installed ROM Manager from the market and inside this wonderful app, it will allow you to flash an alternate recovery. I flashed back to 2.0.2.4. This recovery I know will allow me to wipe battery stats and Dalvik Cache. So after doing so, I still.... get the same results. So I have no clue.
    If there is anyone who knows what the issue may be, please help us all. I have personally been trying some of everyone's methods and still the same result.
    ROOTED: GB
    ROM: Liquid 1.65
    THEME: Stock
    Kernel: Chevy ULV 1100
    Battery Life:

"Im a fellow Droidster."
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by jville95 View Post
    Well since im having this very same issue, let me add my $0.02...
    Probably a dumb question, but have you tried a new battery?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Same problem here, with both of my batteries, so I don't think that's the issue.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Can any of the devs chime in on this topic?

This is not an issue with the physical battery itself. I have purchased a new battery and received the same results (excessive battery drain).

Clearing the battery stats multiple times does not help with the issue either.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by compton View Post
    Can any of the devs chime in on this topic?

This is not an issue with the physical battery itself. I have purchased a new battery and received the same results (excessive battery drain).

Clearing the battery stats multiple times does not help with the issue either.
    Since most people are not experiencing this with 2.3, I'd reflash 2.3 first with no wipe to see if that helps. If the problem persists, I'd go to Menu/Settings/Privacy and then check "Backup my data" and "Automatic Restore" and the do another reinstall of 2.3 but with wipes this time.

BTW, I would not use any program, such as Titanium, to restore my apps/data as the problem my be in there.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by d@|_3 View Post
    Same problem here, with both of my batteries, so I don't think that's the issue.
    ^ Agreed. A new battery doesn't solve this issue.
    Battery Life:

"Im a fellow Droidster."
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    BTW, I would not use any program, such as Titanium, to restore my apps/data as the problem my be in there.

Good luck.
    What would you suggest as a backup option?
    Battery Life:

"Im a fellow Droidster."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links