DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Display

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Battery Display

Loving the 2.3.0 build. The only thing I don't like is the battery display. I like having a percentage shown on mine but it's hard to see against the segmented horizontal display. I have tried different colors but it is still pretty hard to make out.

Long story short, metamorph doesn't work with my phone. I have tried it numerous times with numerous ROMs, so I need something that is flashable.

How can I change it? Is that anything made with this version of UD that I can flash right over?

I really like these:

[THEME] [MOD] [11/27] SuperCircleBatteryMod-MIUI 11.26/CM6.1/Enomther 2.14 - xda-developers

And I see they are made for CM 6.1 RC2, but if I flash one of those with UD 2.3 would it work? I'm guessing no. What can I do?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    nice find. i am also wondering if someone can make this work for UD. im a big fan of the round batt icons, just kind of forgot about them as the ones you posted are nice. i like the Versions one but i wonder if UD can display increments of 1 as i only see increments of 10.
    Now MP3 player Original Droid 1
    Galaxy Nexus - Latest Liquid Rom (Super smooth!)
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by neoj2 View Post
    nice find. i am also wondering if someone can make this work for UD. im a big fan of the round batt icons, just kind of forgot about them as the ones you posted are nice. i like the Versions one but i wonder if UD can display increments of 1 as i only see increments of 10.
    From what I understand (which isn't much some days) is that it's all based on your kernal. When I have MIUI loaded onto my phone, I only got the 10% incriments. I am fine with the 10% though...it's better than 20%!!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    I really liked the red battery that was in the nighly builds. I wish I could have that one on the 2.3.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    droid
    yeah, the new batt icon blows. i installed and made a nandroid and ill be waiting for the galaxy theme to get ported until i use 2.3
    Last edited by bendystrawboy; 12-01-2010 at 08:58 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Hey guys so do I..

I was looking at the main thread on 2.3 and saw someone talk about a thin green bar as an option. I still have not been able to find it..

ANYONE THAT KNOWS PLEASE TELL
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f100cleveland View Post
    I really liked the red battery that was in the nighly builds. I wish I could have that one on the 2.3.
    You can easily add the red battery icons to 2.3 - if you like I can make an update.zip that contains the framework-res.apk with the red icons instead of the white ones

I would also like to know about this "thin green bar" -

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Here NEW battery Icons with metamproph

Battery Icons – droidpirate.com
    Free Hotfile account
    [URL="http://hotfile.com/register.html?reff=867289"]Kernel Downloads
    Set up a DropBox.... Free 2GB of space... IF I helped you or you enjoyed my Post
    Free Dropbox
    For every accepted invite I get 225MB so if you like my post please sign up for an account 100% FREE
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Verizon GNex

Liquid Battery on 2.3?

I read on the UD site itself where this fellow (wes342) said his liquid batteries worked w/ an earlier version of UD - it was either 1.0 or 2.0.

I've not tried them, always wanted to; yet I don't mind the battery in UD 2.3.. Agree, I prefer the red one from the nightlies....

Regardless, I think he also has a thread here on df, but I know his stuff is here too:
    [Themes] Battery icons (inc)(update) fixed liquid battery charge animation - xda-developers

If anyone flashes wes342's liquid battery on their device and it works, will you let us know?

Edit/Update: I sent wes342 a PM over on XDA asking whether his liquid batteries would work on 2.3 - I'll pass along what he says. He does some other way cool stuff for the Incredible too...

Update #2 - wes342 responded to my pm on xda, he said he'd take a look. Incredible is my interest, obviously, but I added a link to this thread and mentioned the moto's here as well - perhaps he'll take a look.
    fwiw - I tried flashing some other battery icons I had from other ROM's - bootloped. True, they were Sense-based ROMs, but I did try, thought I'd let folk know those don't work w/ UD 2.3

Update #3 - wes342 was kind enough to make a version of his Liquid Battery for my Incredible on UD2.3. He mentioned that he was open to requests from the Moto folks in this thread.
    Last edited by smtom; 12-02-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Update for clarity & Additional Information
    JB Sourcery 3.2 -
  11. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Any battery icons will work - you just have to add the .png's to the framework-res.apk with MM - Ninja Morph - or update.zip

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links