DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Phone Wont wake Up During Call. Please Help!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Phone Wont wake Up During Call. Please Help!

The screen on my phone turns off and stays off whenever the phone is activated. I cannot get the screen to turn back on. This is incredibly annoying. If the other party does not end the call (say it goes to voicemail or I have to pull up the numberpad to enter something) the only way I can end the call and get the screen to turn back on is to take the battery out and reboot. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. The phone goes to sleep instantly as soon as I hit the call button, or accept a call....and nothing short of taking the battery out will wake it.

This started just a few weeks ago, was fine before then. I tried updating my rom with a full factory reset (was using an older bamf rom, updated to bam forever 1.10) and that didn’t work. I downloaded the “screen on” app and set it to leave the screen on during active calls. It worked for a day or so and then stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? This is an absolute killer, I can’t continue using this device if I have to pull the battery whenever I want to end a call. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by geli7 View Post
    The screen on my phone turns off and stays off whenever the phone is activated. I cannot get the screen to turn back on. This is incredibly annoying. If the other party does not end the call (say it goes to voicemail or I have to pull up the numberpad to enter something) the only way I can end the call and get the screen to turn back on is to take the battery out and reboot. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. The phone goes to sleep instantly as soon as I hit the call button, or accept a call....and nothing short of taking the battery out will wake it.

This started just a few weeks ago, was fine before then. I tried updating my rom with a full factory reset (was using an older bamf rom, updated to bam forever 1.10) and that didn’t work. I downloaded the “screen on” app and set it to leave the screen on during active calls. It worked for a day or so and then stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? This is an absolute killer, I can’t continue using this device if I have to pull the battery whenever I want to end a call. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.
    Check out my response in this thread - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc...ml#post2112348

I was having same problem... got a screen protector or anything?

Links