DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Thunderbolt Camera Issue??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt Camera Issue??

Hey Everyone!

I just got my Thunderbolt about 3 weeks ago and out of the blue or red I guess I should say I am having issues with my Camera. Any pictures taken with the back 8mp camera have a horrible red tint to them. Sometimes so badly that you cannot even tell what the picture was. I have checked to make sure that no filters are on, tried adjusting the auto white balance, saturation and nothing seems to work. It happens on the preview as well. If I go outside, the red from the preview disappears, only to reappear once I take the picture. Imagine looking at everything through the red side of 3d glasses and that is what I am talking about.

I haven't downloaded any camera apps and it only happens with the rear camera. Any ideas? I did download Tango Video Chat come to think of it, but it was shortly after I got the phone and didn't notice this issue until recently. Phone has not been dropped or suffered any injuries.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt/ S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Badisch View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I just got my Thunderbolt about 3 weeks ago and out of the blue or red I guess I should say I am having issues with my Camera. Any pictures taken with the back 8mp camera have a horrible red tint to them. Sometimes so badly that you cannot even tell what the picture was. I have checked to make sure that no filters are on, tried adjusting the auto white balance, saturation and nothing seems to work. It happens on the preview as well. If I go outside, the red from the preview disappears, only to reappear once I take the picture. Imagine looking at everything through the red side of 3d glasses and that is what I am talking about.

I haven't downloaded any camera apps and it only happens with the rear camera. Any ideas? I did download Tango Video Chat come to think of it, but it was shortly after I got the phone and didn't notice this issue until recently. Phone has not been dropped or suffered any injuries.
    I think I've seen what ur talking about but only in low light conditions before I take the pic it looks red and..... pixelaited... Yes I'm sure that spelled wrong lol.... But looks normal when the flash goes off if it's happening all the time could be a faulty lens

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    DROID X --> Nexus Prime
    Ditto with the faulty lens, it just could be going bad or something. The other thing to try is clearing data and cache of the camera!

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Switched back to HTC DINC 4G
    Just in case it's a setting, what is your White Balance setting set to? If it's set for fluorescent, the software adjusts for the green light spectrum and adds red to make the image warm.

Edited - scratch the Q. Just saw that you already checked, sorry.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Links