I know there are many threads about the pros/cons and different rom out there. I've been reading them from time to time, but after awhile I got confused because things are being re-posted at different forums. I hope someone can help me answer a few questions so I can decide if I want to flash the MR2 update. I'm rooted, running stock-rom and have never received any OTA. I believe I'm still running the radio since release day. I never experienced any reboot issues, but I do want to flash MR2 to see if it helps with battery life. Here are my questions, thank you in advance!
1. Is the MR2 leaked radio stable and if I flash it, will I encounter problems that I don't already have? (Some people said they started having reboot issues, 3g/4g not holding, etc. from various threads) I've never experienced any of those. This radio should help with GPS lock and hopefully give me better battery life? Specifically, I'm looking at the MR2 radio from this thread: [RADIOS]MR2 and MR2.5 radios - xda-developers
2. From the link to the radios above, would you recommend MR2 or MR2.5? I heard MR2 have slightly better results for most users.
3. Does the radio mentioned above work with this rom: [ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Mirrors Added - xda-developers ? Is this basically the stock-rom for non-rooted users that have received the MR2 update via OTA?
4. I've heard that gingerbread can brick your phone from awhile ago, has this issue been worked out? Also, will we lose wireless tethering if we use GB?
5. Finally, if I encounter problems, where can I go to find the originally radio from release day and install that again? Everything that I mentioned here and plan to do is reversible, correct?
Thank you so much!