DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: txt's to random people

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    nutt69
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Unhappy txt's to random people

I have searched all kinds of different places and cannot find anyone else seeing this issue. if i have overlooked please point me in the right direction.

since the update, the random reboot has been fixed but now i have another "random" problem. when txting someone, sometimes it will just randomly send the txt to someone else. for example this happened just about an hour ago. i was txting a friend, we had sent several txts back and fourth and i never left the messaging app or for that matter never even left that particular conversation. i type a message and hit send and it randomly sent that txt to another contact. it was a contact that i had txted but not in the last couple days.

this has just started since the update to fix the random reboot. it has happened 3 or 4 different times.

it happened right after i took the update 2 or 3 times but i had a lot of txts in my phone. i deleted all txt from phone and didn't have the problem again until today. now i have about 500 txts in my phone spread out across about 10 different contacts.

anybody else seen this issue? i am using the stock messaging app.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    this has happened to me afew times but it only sends texts to ppl who are in my inbox
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    nutt69
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    yes it will only send to a random person that is still in the "inbox". it seems that it could be fixed by keeping the inbox clear but i really wouldn't want to tap compose message, type in contact name then type message every time i want to send a message.

what about 3rd party messaging apps? i haven't tried any, anyone think that would fix the issue?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    it seems to happen when im going fast on the phone. ie. i click messages then RIGHT after click the person, dont even let it load and start typing the message text. try clicking there name and wait to see the name you are sending the message to on the top. if it says the person you wanted then it should send to them. this seems to be a little glitch but if you do that it doesnt seem to send to other people. i dont know about other messaging apps like handcent because ive never used them cause i like them. i like stock but im sure they will fix the problem for it seems to be a little software glitch.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I've been having the same issue. Makes you realize how bad an out of context text can sound. I tried handcent and gosms when I first got the TB, but I had issues with both of them not sending and receiving mms messages.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc thunderbolt
    For me if I always use compose and not reply the doesn't happen.

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I have been having this problem consistently as well. The first couple times, I thought that it was just my mistake, but it's happened about 12 times now. And, of course, it always seems to send texts to my mom that really shouldn't be sent to my mom... *sigh*

I've tried a bunch of different things to see what the cause could be, but, unfortunately, I think it is just a bug they need to fix in the next update. For now, I guess I just won't keep my mom's threads in the inbox. Anyone else have any suggestions?

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_RaeJ View Post
    I have been having this problem consistently as well. The first couple times, I thought that it was just my mistake, but it's happened about 12 times now. And, of course, it always seems to send texts to my mom that really shouldn't be sent to my mom... *sigh*

I've tried a bunch of different things to see what the cause could be, but, unfortunately, I think it is just a bug they need to fix in the next update. For now, I guess I just won't keep my mom's threads in the inbox. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Lol I've been talking to my best friend about my mom, and my mom got it..

Anyway this is a common problem. Not sure where you looked, but this problem is everywhere on this phone. Keeping the inbox clear does seem to help me as well. And the 3rd party apps don't seem to help it either.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm telling ya.... Go sms pro fixed both my GF's and i's phone...

Links