DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Thunderbolt battery draining FAST

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt battery draining FAST

I've had my Thunderbolt since the release date, and the battery has been rock solid for months. I use Advanced Task Killer religiously, so there's never a lot running except occasionally Skype. But a few weeks ago, the battery has started draining super fast - it's been off the charger for 2 hours right now, and is at 64% at the time I post this. I haven't done a single thing on the phone today besides look at the battery monitor.

At first I thought it was Skype running, after the last update Skype was constantly reconnecting and I thought that might be the problem but I haven't run that in a week either and have gone into the processes and made sure it's not running. I've pulled the battery, I've done a full drain and charge, I've done everything I can think of and I just can't find an app that's doing anything!

I'm in a strong 4G area that never really goes to 3G so it's not the radio going crazy as far as I can tell, but the battery is actually warm 100% of the time now so something is going on. In the time it's taken me to post this Battery Dr. is saying the battery is down to 59%, its insane.

Any ideas? Help!
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazeeJ View Post
    I've had my Thunderbolt since the release date, and the battery has been rock solid for months. I use Advanced Task Killer religiously, so there's never a lot running except occasionally Skype. But a few weeks ago, the battery has started draining super fast - it's been off the charger for 2 hours right now, and is at 64% at the time I post this. I haven't done a single thing on the phone today besides look at the battery monitor.

At first I thought it was Skype running, after the last update Skype was constantly reconnecting and I thought that might be the problem but I haven't run that in a week either and have gone into the processes and made sure it's not running. I've pulled the battery, I've done a full drain and charge, I've done everything I can think of and I just can't find an app that's doing anything!

I'm in a strong 4G area that never really goes to 3G so it's not the radio going crazy as far as I can tell, but the battery is actually warm 100% of the time now so something is going on. In the time it's taken me to post this Battery Dr. is saying the battery is down to 59%, its insane.

Any ideas? Help!
    I've noticed the same exact thing and in the same time frame. I wasn't using a task killer at first so installed one after I could watch the battery percent drop. When I looked at what was eating the battery it said 60% due to display and that was only active like 10 minutes. Lowered the level to under 50% brightness and same issue. I only hope this update helps the battery.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    TBolt DB 1.6 Imyosen'sBatSaver
    Ummmm....your using task killer.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    TBolt DB 1.6 Imyosen'sBatSaver
    Uninstall ATK then charge your battery to 100% and wipe the batter stats bin....if that doesn't fix you should buy a new battery because at that point ATK, ironically, destroyed your battery.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    in my experience a task killer/manager doesnt really affect things much if at all. Sure they arent necessary but i have never had ATK cause more problems than it solved (I only use atk to force close processes that either wont close properly or i need to restart manually).
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Still having this problem - I've uninstalled ATK and over half my apps (that aren't affecting my Samsung Tab in the least battery-wise), and even with battery pulls I'm still using the battery at an accelerated rate, my battery is still warm/hot all the time.

Any other ideas? I can't see how having ATK installed for 4 months (and 2 years on my original Droid) with no battery issues would all of a sudden kill this battery half dead, but I'm willing to listen!

Links