DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system

Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system...keeps going from connected to disconnected to connected to disconnected, etc. I've tried everything I can think of to try to get this to work and nothing. Droid Inc worked flawlessly. Bolt (actually all 3 bolts I've had, on the 3rd one!) won't stay connected to any bluetooth for more than a few seconds. Most importantly, it won't stay connected to my 2011 GMC Terrain.

I found this thread on Google. Seems like there are others with this issue but I haven't seen many posts about it on the forums.
    HTC Thunderbolt Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands-free system - Google Mobile Help

Anyone else having this? Any ideas what is going on?
    I'm seriously considering returning this phone (I keep going back and forth) and these issues are really making it hard to keep it.

TIA!

Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Dang, guess I'm the only one.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt named Sparky
    Quote Originally Posted by templetonryecy View Post
    Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands free system...keeps going from connected to disconnected to connected to disconnected, etc. I've tried everything I can think of to try to get this to work and nothing. Droid Inc worked flawlessly. Bolt (actually all 3 bolts I've had, on the 3rd one!) won't stay connected to any bluetooth for more than a few seconds. Most importantly, it won't stay connected to my 2011 GMC Terrain.

I found this thread on Google. Seems like there are others with this issue but I haven't seen many posts about it on the forums.
    HTC Thunderbolt Bluetooth will not stay connected to vehicle hands-free system - Google Mobile Help

I'm seriously considering returning this phone (I keep going back and forth) and these issues are really making it hard to keep it.

TIA!
    No, you're not alone. My moto headset does the sam thing. It seems to happen when certain apps are being launced. It's not the distance between the devices because I can walk quite a distance from the phone without a disconnect. Maybe there will be a patch
    If only I took the rest of my life as seriously as I am taking this phone!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid, HTC BOLT
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Mine wasn't disconnecting today. But...I did have a problem with my mort audiobooks not playing. In bluetooth settings my T505 had media and phone connected. But wouldn't play my book. I disconnected several times. Unpaired and repaired. No fix. While it did say connected still wasn't playing. I went into options. Un-selected media. Then re-selected. That fixed.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by templetonryecy View Post

TIA!
    Nope - I have the same issue with my Incredible/2011 Terrain. Connects once, then I get "paired but not connected" after the first use. Tried downloading BT fixes and other stuff - haven't found the answer yet, and other forums make me think I won't get it fixed until I get a different phone since it seems to be an HTC bluetooth design issue.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1 retired.....T Bolt in use
    Definitely not alone...same problem with my 2011 wrangler. I can pair them and it works fine until you leave the vehicle. Once you enter again it keeps searching or trying to connect to paired device. My old D1 and my wife's iphone pair and work with no problems...
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    Having issues as well. BT connects perfectly to phone every time, but the audio will not connect at all. My X and X2 worked flawlessly. I'm thinking about returning it now too, because BT audio is something I've gotten so used to I can't live without it now.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I took my home phone - an old Motorola flip phone - and it worked flawless. Could pair, leave the car, come back & it worked just like BT was designed to do.

so...I think I'm going to swing by Verizon tonight and swap to a motorola brand (after I take it to the parking lot and prove it works). It's not worth anymore time to futz with it. Hopefully HTC is getting enough feedback on their BT stack.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D1 retired.....T Bolt in use
    You know what's really funny is when I first called to complain to a Verizon tech they immediately blame the vehicle software . This is my second TB and they both act the same. Gotta love tech support...and let's not forget the ..." Wow we never heard a complaint like this before"...
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    Did anyone ever find a resolution as I am having the same problem with a new vehicle I just purchased. The phone is on the compatible list but will not stay connected. From what we can tell there is a media option setting under the HFL connection that can be turned off and on. This setting appears to be over riding the phone connection which is the only one the vehicle supports. The problem is when you uncheck the box for media it automatically turns itself back on when the phone reconnects to the vehicle. Per HTC there is no way to permanently turn this setting off. HTC tells me to call Bluetooth...what a run around. There has got to be a way to permanently turn this setting off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links