DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Thunderbread 2.6 Problems

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & Nexus

Thunderbread 2.6 Problems

First of all, I know the problems start with me because others have this working, I'm just wondering what I have done wrong.

I downloaded LTB 2.6, placed it on the root, wiped data/cache in CWM, then flashed LTB 2.6.

Afterwards, I downloaded the MR2 update in the same thread, placed it on the root, updated it using HBOOT.

Now for the problem....

I am ONLY getting 1x service in Tempe, AZ, where we have 4g.

I tried installing the MR2 update again, didn't fix anything.

I then restored my last working backup, where I was rooted, but didn't have a ROM installed, and am STILL only getting 1X service.

Anyone got suggestions?

EDIT: Did another restore and installed LTB 2.6 with Rom Manager. Works fine now.
    Last edited by ajk23az; 08-20-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Fixed

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by ajk23az View Post
    First of all, I know the problems start with me because others have this working, I'm just wondering what I have done wrong.

I downloaded LTB 2.6, placed it on the root, wiped data/cache in CWM, then flashed LTB 2.6.

Afterwards, I downloaded the MR2 update in the same thread, placed it on the root, updated it using HBOOT.

Now for the problem....

I am ONLY getting 1x service in Tempe, AZ, where we have 4g.

I tried installing the MR2 update again, didn't fix anything.

I then restored my last working backup, where I was rooted, but didn't have a ROM installed, and am STILL only getting 1X service.

Anyone got suggestions?

EDIT: Did another restore and installed LTB 2.6 with Rom Manager. Works fine now.
    its recommended to flash the radio before installing the rom
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    The lock screen is kind of goofy for me. When I unlock it flashes the regular home screen then goes to the lock screen.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The lock screen is kind of goofy for me. When I unlock it flashes the regular home screen then goes to the lock screen.
    I'm getting a lot better battery life with this ROM but this lock screen is really frustrating. It is extremely laggy.
    Member #
    Twitter
    JwlzMT
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    (If this is considered a hijack, then I apologize)

LTB 2.6 worked well for me, for a while.

Then, for some reason the SeePU icon on my statusbar kept showing the CPU working hard (moving between 40% and pegging the meter) for no apparent reason. I couldn't figure out what was causing the CPU to work so hard all the time. The phone with this OS worked fine for weeks, then it suddenly started doing this. I tried switching Kernels (Dream to KangBang) but no effect. I restored from a backup, and that worked for a while, but the problem returned after subsequent reboots.

I considered the possibility that the SeePU application was buggy, but I doubt that's the problem since the phone stayed warm (which suggests that the CPU really was working as hard as SeePU reported it was).

Any thoughts?

ETA- Tried CM7, and the same thing happens from time to time, so I guess it's either an AOSP problem, or something is wrong with my phone.
    Last edited by MrLethalWeapon; 09-23-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Updateed info.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG
    I agree with you. I love this ROM, but the lockscreen is laggy. What I do is just wait a second before I try to unlock and it works fine. I certainly dont like it, but I'm not going to give up a great ROM, just because of this little quirk.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 & Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sir2545 View Post
    I agree with you. I love this ROM, but the lockscreen is laggy. What I do is just wait a second before I try to unlock and it works fine. I certainly dont like it, but I'm not going to give up a great ROM, just because of this little quirk.
    Agreed. I'm just trying to point out some glitches that could possibly be fixed for the next update.

Found another - After taking a picture, the picture stays up for the 5 seconds or so like I have it set but it then the picture review is all miscombobulated. Like it is different colors, blurry and stuff. But when I look at the actual picture in the gallery, its perfectly clear. No big deal, just something I thought I would point out!
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    The only problem I have is that I cannot make calls. It freezes before it makes the call and then eventually reboots. Only happens on aosp Roms. Any advice. Switching radios doesn't help.

Links