DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Rooted Question

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

Question Rooted Question

So, I'm rooting my TB when I get home in about an hour and a half, and I've been looking through all the different forums trying to find a good ROM/Radio to flash when I'm done. I really wanted to check out the Sense 3.0 in the BAMF Rom, and use the MR2 radio with it (I hope that's the right one). However, upon reading some more into the forums, I found a thread from about a month ago about GB bricking phones .

I'm sure the ROMs have been updated in the past month, but I wanted to see if anyone knew if GB was still causing bricks.

Also, do I have to flash a kernel in addition to the radio and the ROM? If so, do I do it the same was as flashing a Radio?

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevora View Post
    So, I'm rooting my TB when I get home in about an hour and a half, and I've been looking through all the different forums trying to find a good ROM/Radio to flash when I'm done. I really wanted to check out the Sense 3.0 in the BAMF Rom, and use the MR2 radio with it (I hope that's the right one). However, upon reading some more into the forums, I found a thread from about a month ago about GB bricking phones .

I'm sure the ROMs have been updated in the past month, but I wanted to see if anyone knew if GB was still causing bricks.

Also, do I have to flash a kernel in addition to the radio and the ROM? If so, do I do it the same was as flashing a Radio?
    as far as I know there hasn't been any bricks since the new radio leaks and the MR2 or MR2.5 radios will work and nope you dont have to add a kernal unless the one that come w/3.0 isnt your cup o tea..so far Ive been quite content w/the kernals that come in the Bamf roms..hope that helps
    HTC Thunderbolt
    w/BAMF Forever 1.0.7
    Motorola Droid 1
    w/ Sorcery kang
    Motorola Droid X
    w/ stock...for now
    HTC Thunderbolt
    w/Das Bamf sence-3 RC4.9
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by dark juggalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevora View Post

as far as I know there hasn't been any bricks since the new radio leaks and the MR2 or MR2.5 radios will work and nope you dont have to add a kernal unless the one that come w/3.0 isnt your cup o tea..so far Ive been quite content w/the kernals that come in the Bamf roms..hope that helps
    Okay. Would you suggest the 2.5 radio over the 2?

Links