DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I make a request to the ROM designers?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed

Should I make a request to the ROM designers?

Long story short, when I plug a stereo 3.5mm cable from the TBolt into my car stereo, the Stock ROM mutes the phone's microphone(s) so that the person can't hear me when I talk.

HTC states that they may provide a hotfix for this as lots have been complaining about it... I am seriously considering Rooting my phone (for lots of reasons), but one would be the custom ROMs. Should I be posting my request to fix this in a custom ROM to one of the designer/programmers?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    Well since no one responded, I am going to put my hopes and dreams for a custom ROM, and right now they are simple:

-Fix the issue of the phone muting the external Microphones when I plug a 3.5mm stereo cable into the headphone jack. That way I can conduct phone calls using my car's AUX port on the radio.

-Make it so that the Home screens will rotate to landscape modes (like ADW Launcher).
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    nakhleh926
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldOfJohnboy View Post
    Well since no one responded, I am going to put my hopes and dreams for a custom ROM, and right now they are simple:

-Fix the issue of the phone muting the external Microphones when I plug a 3.5mm stereo cable into the headphone jack. That way I can conduct phone calls using my car's AUX port on the radio.

-Make it so that the Home screens will rotate to landscape modes (like ADW Launcher).
    I hope they do this as well. I'm an audiophile and I hate needing to unplug to talk to someone, it's incredibly inconvenient.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
    I switch roms daily, I use 26-30gb+ of data a month without tethering, and I love root beer, vodka, and long walks on the beach.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    this is my only gripe with the thunderbolt as well...so if anyone hears of anything post it up here..I'll do the same as I'm constantly looking fo a fix.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I don't think a custom ROM developer can fix this issue. It's unfortunate because I loved it with my OG D1 and D2. I can't say this is the only thing I don't like about the TB but it's one of the things.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    well if thats the case, I better quit holding my breath because the ppl over @ HTC didnt seemed too concerned about it.

this was their response:
    We appreciate your feedback Robert, we know how important consumer feedback on our products is.

We appreciate your suggestions regarding the car dock and will use them in our research and development of possible upcoming models. If you have any future comments or concerns about our devices please feel free to contact us
    Last edited by dark juggalo; 04-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dark juggalo View Post
    well if thats the case, I better quit holding my breath because the ppl over @ HTC didnt seemed too concerned about it.

this was their response:
    We appreciate your feedback Robert, we know how important consumer feedback on our products is.

We appreciate your suggestions regarding the car dock and will use them in our research and development of possible upcoming models. If you have any future comments or concerns about our devices please feel free to contact us
    You should contact them and tell them of your displeasure for canned responses.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

8. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Well bgill has, your landscape fix. Not so sure about the mic thing
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Long story short, when I plug a stereo 3.5mm cable from the TBolt into my car stereo, the Stock ROM mutes the phone's microphone(s) so that the person can't hear me when I talk.

HTC states that they may provide a hotfix for this as lots have been complaining about it... I am seriously considering Rooting my phone (for lots of reasons), but one would be the custom ROMs. Should I be posting my request to fix this in a custom ROM to one of the designer/programmers?
    This is by design. Won't get changed unless HTC decides to fix it. Sorry.

If you look in the TB hacks section I posted bgill's stock Rose landscape and the code needed to change it to landscape by yourself. The reason why people are not adding it to ROMs is because some HTC widgets are buggy when landscape.

If you let me know what ROM you are running I can probably change it and give it to you.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Last edited by Its TwiX; 04-10-2011 at 11:18 AM.

HTC Thunderbolt ROOTED DAS BAMF Remix-May-02
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Its TwiX View Post
    If you look in the TB hacks section I posted bgill's stock Rose landscape and the code needed to change it to landscape by yourself. The reason why people are not adding it to ROMs is because some HTC widgets are buggy when landscape.

If you let me know what ROM you are running I can probably change it and give it to you.
    What doesn't make sense (pun) about that is that when in the car dock, if you exit the Car Dock app of your choice (mine is Car Home) and go to the home screens, everything appears in landscape with no issues.

I am currently running Lightening Rom 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by dark juggalo View Post

this was their response:

Not sure how you contacted them, but in numerous other posts, I have called them a couple of times to complain of the issue. Both times I was told by HTC that they are aware of the issue and that many have called about it. It remains to be seen if they will fix it with Gingerbread or a hotfix, but I have to believe that a custom ROM designer/programmer can find the setting easily enough and change the mute setting to off. Until someone fixes it, I have a workaround so I am ok with the phone... that is my only complaint so far with this bad boy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links