DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thunderbolt roms?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Haha this does sound pretty sweet I think I'm gonna switch... I just don't know anything about HTC I've always used Motorola

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by pbguy8709 View Post
    Haha this does sound pretty sweet I think I'm gonna switch... I just don't know anything about HTC I've always used Motorola

me too man, I was in the same boat...love motorola phones, certainly leary of htc...but the good thing about android is, when you can root, and remove htc sense alltogether, it's basically the smae software with rockin' new hardware
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Haha but is the actual phones built well?

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Hemorrdroid
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by pbguy8709 View Post
    Haha but is the actual phones built well?

Only complaints so far:

1: Battery door is ridiculous to get off, already got a small gouge on the phone from prying it open.

2: Signal is worse, usually 1-2 bars lower than my D1 or DX was. Although it still has no reception issues, i can still make calls and transfer data just fine.
    Thunderbolt
    CM7 Pre-Alpha
    Good bye MOTO
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Hmmm.... I'm definitely considering getting it now... I'm still a lil wary of HTC Idk though lol

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    had the droid x and decided it wasnt better than the droid incredible simply because it wasn't completely hacked which meant I was limited in what I could do rom wise.

If the X had been completely unlocked well then the X is better in many ways but unfortunately its LOCKED DOWN I am not ok with the way ROMs work on that thing so it is in my girlfriends hands.

I can say this though the X has amazing call quality and great signal it also has IMO the best noise cancelling which has to do with it having 3 mics vs everyone else having 1 or 2 mics.

The screen on the X is crap

The camera on the TB is noticeably better than both the DX and the DI
    Using: Thunderbolt (rooted+OC'd) Incredible (rooted+OC'd) Galaxy Tab (rooted).
    Retired: Droid X (rooted+OC'd) gave to GF, Droid 1 (rooted+OC'd 1.25GHz) gave it to my lil brother, G1 (rooted) was stolen from me.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    TweetOfJohnboy
    Phone
    TBolt w/Das BAMF Forever Cubed
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I just went from the DX to the TB and loved the DX.

Basically every aspect of the TB is better than my old X except battery life.
    +1000000, except for the comment on battery life. Before I rooted my TBolt, I was getting the same battery life as my Droid X (Note: No 4G connection).

So bascially all things equal (and setup the same), the TBolt does not have battery issues and absolutely smokes my Droid X in performance.

Now that I have Rooted my HTC and removed the bloatware, I am getting close to 20 hours on the standard battery. If nothing else, Root and remove bloatware yourself, no need to load a custom ROM until there are more out there.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @brookes422
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I'm thinking of returning my tbolt due to reception and battery. I live it but I am stuck at 0 to 1 bar of service (3g). My X got full signal in the same places. Hell my wife's iPhone gets better reception side by side than the tbolt and we were on us verge of raking it back. One question though what do u all think of the incredible 2. I want a HTC device but also want unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  9. Decepticon
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud36426 View Post
    I'm thinking of returning my tbolt due to reception and battery. I live it but I am stuck at 0 to 1 bar of service (3g). My X got full signal in the same places. Hell my wife's iPhone gets better reception side by side than the tbolt and we were on us verge of raking it back. One question though what do u all think of the incredible 2. I want a HTC device but also want unlocked bootloader?

one thing you might want to consider.. have you noticed the phone actually suffering lost calls or an "ACTUAL" degradation in signal?

I have noticed (and read a few places) that the TB's icons for signal might show a lack of signal when it is actually getting a great, functional,, fast signal...

I am in Idaho.. not a ton of towers and certainly no 4G.. in my house I typically show 1-3 bars out of 4 and always have a great, FAST 3G connection...
    Phones:
    HTC Thunderbolt - Root MikROMS The Perfect Storm ROM
    MOTO DROiD - Root CM7 RC2 OC ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv

my motto... "If it ain't broken... Fix it till it is"
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @brookes422
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Sometimes I get a window that says can't display webpage. Also while I was asleep last night it was unplugged and when woke up I checked battery stats and under phone idle of was 6 hours and 45 minutes up time with 84% of time without signal. My X never did that. I really like the phone but I think the signal loss also is hurting my battery life. If I reboot it drops 10% no matter what. I am really considering Samsung galaxy s2 or incredible 2. I still have 7 days to return tbolt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links