DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Root Question...

  1. Senior Droid
    4shlr's Avatar
    Member #
    175577
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    #21
    Here's my next n00b question: do I want to install the new OTA update from vzw now that I'm rooted?? Or do I need to install the upgraded radio??
  2. Master Droid
    Dolfan's Avatar
    Member #
    44719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    268
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid1
    #22
    Im not sure...see I had s-off and took the upgrade and didnt know I still had s-off...well now I have worked thru the rooting process even having the newest OTA...
    So I did get thru the root process...I had to rename the downgrade file and or delete it, I also was missing the SU file(super user) flashed that and I am now rooted..I also did a back up of my Stock TBolt Rom...I prolly wont have alot of time till this weekend to mess with trying out some of the roms out there, if you do try any, let me know what you think...Back up your rom first thu...so if you have any trouble you can reflash the stock rom..
    Upgraded to a ThunderBolt.. Rooted Several Roms Ran..

    Galaxy S3... Not Rooted
  3. Master Droid
    Dolfan's Avatar
    Member #
    44719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    268
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid1
    #23
    Hey....I was wondering...to access recovery do we have to pull the battery each time..? That is a pain in the nuts...is there a push button combination to get in?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    Upgraded to a ThunderBolt.. Rooted Several Roms Ran..

    Galaxy S3... Not Rooted
  4. Senior Droid
    drew's Avatar
    Member #
    1767
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    #24
    Did you try holding Volume Up and Power when powering on? (Since you're rooted now, you might want to change your signature)

    From my perspective, the ROMs available are lacking compared to other phones. I've been running BAMF Cubed for about 5 months now. There's a stable CM7 if you want AOSP. There's quite a few good debloated Sense ROMs as well. It's all personal preference, and trial / error.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
    Hey....I was wondering...to access recovery do we have to pull the battery each time..? That is a pain in the nuts...is there a push button combination to get in?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    4shlr's Avatar
    Member #
    175577
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    #25
    What are these debloated sense ROMs you would recommend??

    Also, when I am using ROM manager, as long as I flash clockworkmod recovery, that saves my current ROM? Then I can download a different ROM & boot the new one up, but still get to my stock ROM I backed up if needed?? Sorry, I'm a n00b

    Thanks




    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Did you try holding Volume Up and Power when powering on? (Since you're rooted now, you might want to change your signature)

    From my perspective, the ROMs available are lacking compared to other phones. I've been running BAMF Cubed for about 5 months now. There's a stable CM7 if you want AOSP. There's quite a few good debloated Sense ROMs as well. It's all personal preference, and trial / error.
  6. Senior Droid
    drew's Avatar
    Member #
    1767
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    #26
    Flashing CWM doesn't save the ROM. In ROM Manager, you can use Backup Current ROM. (Or you can do that from recovery). Do either method prior to flashing any ROMS.

    Then if anything happens, you can restore from either ROM Manager or CWM.

    The TeamBAMF ROMs have had positive feedback. Cubed as well. Like i said..it's is very much trial / error. I liked the Liquid ROM, but it had this annoying habit of asking me if I wanted to use Wi-Fi, so I switched to the BAMF Cubed.



    Quote Originally Posted by 4shlr View Post
    What are these debloated sense ROMs you would recommend??

    Also, when I am using ROM manager, as long as I flash clockworkmod recovery, that saves my current ROM? Then I can download a different ROM & boot the new one up, but still get to my stock ROM I backed up if needed?? Sorry, I'm a n00b

    Thanks
  7. Senior Droid
    4shlr's Avatar
    Member #
    175577
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    #27
    Great thanks, glad I asked before I did anything. Are there any Roms that run sense 3.0? I really don't mind sense but don't want all the bloat.

    Another question, now that I'm rooted do I want to allow the OTA update? Or will that ruin my root?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    drew's Avatar
    Member #
    1767
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    #28
    The ROM section might have your answer for you. I don't know if there are any Sense 3.0 ROMs. Most of the ROMs remove the bloat (Blockbuster, Let's Golf, etc) regardless of Sense / AOSP. Why don't you give CM7 a shot?



    OTA puts you into a tailspin, b/c you changed the bootloader. It confuses the OTA.
  9. Senior Droid
    4shlr's Avatar
    Member #
    175577
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    100
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    DROID Razr Maxx HD
    #29
    Good to know, I found on thunderboltforums the link to the .9 update so I might just run that. They also have a nice, organized list of ROMs including some Sense 3.0 ones. I would try CM7 but I have that on my Touchpad & want something different, thanks though!


    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    The ROM section might have your answer for you. I don't know if there are any Sense 3.0 ROMs. Most of the ROMs remove the bloat (Blockbuster, Let's Golf, etc) regardless of Sense / AOSP. Why don't you give CM7 a shot?



    OTA puts you into a tailspin, b/c you changed the bootloader. It confuses the OTA.
  10. Master Droid
    Dolfan's Avatar
    Member #
    44719
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    268
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid1
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Did you try holding Volume Up and Power when powering on? (Since you're rooted now, you might want to change your signature)

    From my perspective, the ROMs available are lacking compared to other phones. I've been running BAMF Cubed for about 5 months now. There's a stable CM7 if you want AOSP. There's quite a few good debloated Sense ROMs as well. It's all personal preference, and trial / error.
    Good point...Got the sig changed...lol
    Upgraded to a ThunderBolt.. Rooted Several Roms Ran..

    Galaxy S3... Not Rooted
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Root or Not to Root that is the question
    By Siouxsie in forum Droid 3 Hacks
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 06:43 PM
  2. Z4 root question
    By brisk21 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 10:53 PM
  3. Root O Not To Root,That Is The Question.(Droid X)
    By happyface in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
  4. To Root or not to Root... seriously that is the question.
    By Raychelrn in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 07:58 PM
  5. 2.1 to 2.2 ROOT Question
    By wrath90210 in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 09:23 PM

Search tags for this page

how do i downgrade my thunderbolt 2.11.605.9 to2.11.605.5

,
how do i root htc thunderbolt 2.11.605.9 without loosing dat
,

how to root htc thunderbolt 2.3.4

,

how to root htc thunderbolt with android version 2.3.4 and s

,

how to root thunderbolt 2.11.605.9

,

htc thunderbolt root 2012

,

new htc thunderbolt root 22

,
root htc thunderbolt 2.11.605.9
,

root htc thunderbolt 2.3.4

,
root htc thunderbolt 2012
,

root htc thunderbolt 605.9

,

thunderbolt 2.11.605.9 root

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+