DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: HTC rooting help

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Angry HTC rooting help

I am currently trying to root my HTC Thunderbolt, but I have seemed to reached an impasse. I have been searching forums and websites, but I can't seem to find the help I'm looking for.

I've had the phone for about a year now, haven't tried to root it before. I downloaded the OTA update for android 2.3.4 from Verizon. Recently I've found out that HTC sense 3.0 isn't going to be released for the Thunderbolt. Every forum I've found gives instructions to root the phone, but they are all for the pre 2.3.4 gingerbread update. I've tried following the one step rooting directions, but they don't work with the official 2.3.4 update from Verizon. I even tried to do a factory reset to see if I could go back to 2.2.1 Froyo android version, but that won't let me downgrade. Is there any way to root my Thunderbolt to get sense 3.0 after I've received the official Gingerbread update? Any links or guides would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

KB

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

admin

I'm sorry for double posting. I posted this thread in the other forum before I saw there was a board specific to my phone, so I assumed this was the appropriate place to ask my question. Next time I will know, and will post on the correct board.

You're welcome.

KB.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Well I don't know anything about the T-bolt but this is a link to our sister site where there are a number of hacking guides.

Check it out and see what you can find: HTC Thundebolt Hacking Guides
  5. Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    nickburress2k2
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by KBinthe713 View Post
    I am currently trying to root my HTC Thunderbolt, but I have seemed to reached an impasse. I have been searching forums and websites, but I can't seem to find the help I'm looking for.

I've had the phone for about a year now, haven't tried to root it before. I downloaded the OTA update for android 2.3.4 from Verizon. Recently I've found out that HTC sense 3.0 isn't going to be released for the Thunderbolt. Every forum I've found gives instructions to root the phone, but they are all for the pre 2.3.4 gingerbread update. I've tried following the one step rooting directions, but they don't work with the official 2.3.4 update from Verizon. I even tried to do a factory reset to see if I could go back to 2.2.1 Froyo android version, but that won't let me downgrade. Is there any way to root my Thunderbolt to get sense 3.0 after I've received the official Gingerbread update? Any links or guides would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

KB
    No, there hasn't been an updated version for Sense 3.0 for the Tbolt based on the new OTA(.9). There are other rooted ROMs that are 2.1 though. I know that doesn't really help, but it is unfortunately the case.

Links