DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: CM7 question and battery issues

  1. Droid Ninja
    turdbogls's Avatar
    Member #
    98014
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    O-Town FL
    Posts
    1,074
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    #1

    CM7 question and battery issues

    Ok, i am on v1. 3 currently with the included kernal.
    I am having cell standby and android system eating up most of my battery.... And this was while i was setting the phone up so display should be at the top of the list. Wondering if anyone is having these issues and what they did to fix it. I tried a different kernal when i was on 1.2 and that didnt fix it. Any other suggestions?

    And the question, can i put the sense 3 camera app on here? Would i just throw it in the system/app folder and be good or does that require more sense stuff to work. I just hate ate AOSP camera.

    Thanks on advance

    Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
  2. Junior Droid
    nick12's Avatar
    Member #
    23520
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    26
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #2
    I'm seeing that too, but I'm actually getting better battery life than BAMF 3.0 which reports display taking up almost all my battery life and system and standby taking up almost nothing... so I think it's just a bug in how it's reporting usage. I'm also using dream kernel, and that didn't make a difference in the reporting from stock for me.

    Don't know about using the sense camera, but I was thinking about doing that too. I may give it a shot this weekend.
    Thunderbolt
    Das BAMF 1.7
  3. Master Droid
    XKXDISTURBEDXKX's Avatar
    Member #
    56601
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    TBolt DB 1.6 Imyosen'sBatSaver
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    Ok, i am on v1. 3 currently with the included kernal.
    I am having cell standby and android system eating up most of my battery.... And this was while i was setting the phone up so display should be at the top of the list. Wondering if anyone is having these issues and what they did to fix it. I tried a different kernal when i was on 1.2 and that didnt fix it. Any other suggestions?

    And the question, can i put the sense 3 camera app on here? Would i just throw it in the system/app folder and be good or does that require more sense stuff to work. I just hate ate AOSP camera.

    Thanks on advance

    Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    Rc. 1.4 foot cyanogen is out

    sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
  4. Droid Ninja
    turdbogls's Avatar
    Member #
    98014
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    O-Town FL
    Posts
    1,074
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by nick12 View Post
    Don't know about using the sense camera, but I was thinking about doing that too. I may give it a shot this weekend.
    i read somewhere the sense camera is tied to sense framework, so it wont work but i found the miui camera that works pretty good. FFC works as well. some small glitches but overall, its a nice camera (other than looking like a straight iphone ripoff)

    Quote Originally Posted by XKXDISTURBEDXKX View Post

    Rc. 1.4 foot cyanogen is out

    sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
    running it now...still the same thing. i think it is a known issue with CM7 and something i am willing to deal with since the battery life seems solid. got 7 hours of very heavy use last night. without my setCPU profiles on...so it was running interactive at 1.4ghz the entire time. 30 minutes of calls, 15 texts, lots of words with friends,forum surfing, 20 minute navigation, streaming pandora, ect.
  5. Master Droid
    phreek's Avatar
    Member #
    15806
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    257
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #5
    I'm running 1.4 as well, aside from a few glitches here and there it seems pretty stable and good battery life.

    Sent from my ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Droid Battery Issues (Temperature issues)
    By dewey77772002 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 07:53 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 01:37 PM
  4. Battery Issues - Android System using battery heavily
    By Alchemy in forum Droid X Tech Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
  5. Video issues and battery plate issues
    By nofx1728 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 08:46 AM

Search tags for this page

android system battery usage cm7
,
android system eating battery on cm7
,
aosp cm7 pandora issue
,

cm7 cell standby

,

cm7 thunderbolt

,

cm7 thunderbolt battery

,
cm7 thunderbolt fixes
,
dream kernel for cm7 1.4 thunderbolt
,

htc inspire cell standby

,
htc inspire forums cm7
,
sense camera app on cm7
,
thunderbolt cm7 1.4 android system
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+