I have the TB and have used it for 1 week. My wife had one and exchanged it for an Iphone. I am on the fence and have to make my final decision in the next 72 hours (need to go on a trip for sick mother-in-law up to a week). So have to make final decision by Saturday/Sunday.
I love the phone except for the battery life. In addition I love the fact that I could tether down the road with this phone.
I know that with the current factory setup, I will exchange it for an Iphone. My hope was that there would be an update by now from HTC/VZN but that isn't happening. So, I am willing to hire somebody (I realize $50 isn't much for many) but maybe an experienced hacker/programmer can help me.
I would like to:
1) Backup the existing software/Rom/RUU//radio/Kernel/???? [no idea what is the correct terminology]
2) Update the phone to an unrooted version. Test it for a day and see if the battery life is better than the 4-6 hours I am getting now with minimum apps (no wifi & no bluetooth).
3) Be able to revert it back to factory and exchange for iphone if unhappy during test period.
Is this possible? If so, anybody up for the challenge?
If so, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I dreaming?
Thanks in advance for your advice, help and consideration.