DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Hey guys so I just dropped my thunderbolt in the water and it fried my power button, my phone mic i.e. the one that lets others hear me, and cracked my screen. I have insurance on my phone but I am rooted and I assume that I need to unroot in order to have it replaced. My problem is that I distinctly remember needing to press the power button in order to root and I would expect something similar for unrooting. Is this a fully automated unroot system or is it multiple short steps? Can I use this on a MAC and will this work without pressing the power button. Thanks
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Don't worry about it; insurance doesn't care about modding.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Don't worry about it; insurance doesn't care about modding.
    Are you 100% sure of this or are you just guessing? I do not want to lose my insurance or have them say that i am not covered. I cannot afford a new phone.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Yes 100%. 10char
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Yes 100%. 10char
    I totally appreciate your help, but do you have any proof that this is true? Not trying to be a jerk, I just can't afford to make a mistake.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jskyler91 View Post
    Yes 100%. 10char
    I totally appreciate your help, but do you have any proof that this is true? Not trying to be a jerk, I just can't afford to make a mistake.
    I feel you.
    Well the easiest way to prove it for *yourself* is when you call for your claim (if you haven't already) they ask 2 dozen questions. None of which is did you root/mod phone. Was that way last time for me anyway.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Yes 100%. 10char
    I feel you.
    Well the easiest way to prove it for *yourself* is when you call for your claim (if you haven't already) they ask 2 dozen questions. None of which is did you root/mod phone. Was that way last time for me anyway.
    Interesting, I haven't made a claim yet. Will I have to return my phone if it is water damaged? If so, won't they notice that its rooted?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #

I feel you.
    Interesting, I haven't made a claim yet. Will I have to return my phone if it is water damaged? If so, won't they notice that its rooted?
    Yeah you'll have to return it.

Those phones go straight to 3rd party refurbisher's mega-complex to be stripped of all noticeably used parts & reset. They don't turn them on until after they've done most of the work so even if they cared (which they don't) it would be too late.

I promise you you're good as you sit right now but I gotta get out of here before I get banned for posting. Good luck & hurry up & make your claim so you aren't without a phone for multiple days!
    Last edited by dfuser312553; 05-27-2011 at 01:25 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

I feel you.
    Yeah you'll have to return it.

Those phones go straight to 3rd party refurbisher's mega-complex to be stripped of all noticeably used parts & reset. They don't turn them on until after they've done most of the work so even if they cared (which they don't) it would be too late.

I promise you you're good as you sit right now but I gotta get out of here before I get banned for posting. Good luck & hurry up & make your claim so you aren't without a phone for multiple days!
    WHy would you get banned for helping me? Its not like you are doing anything illegal or pointing me towards warez, you are simply sharing your experiences. I appreciate your help.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid incredible
    Why wouldn't u just say u lost it I did got an extra one and pay the same amount

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links