DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [Auto] Root and Unroot for HTC Thunderbolt!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGERisMYgift View Post
    Is this a one click root or is it similar to fryetech's simi- auto root program?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
    I just downloaded this and read the batch script. It well written and It pretty much does the same thing just written in a batch script instead.. However I haven't tested it..
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Ummmm.....soo.....really stupid question. (But I'd rather ask it then be a moron and screw my TB up).

On the original post page it says the root will wipe all data on TB... How do I back up everything on my phone first? I do not want to lose my apps (well mainly the ones I paid for), contacts, txts, etc. So just a simple copy/paste of the sd card contents to my pc?? Or is there some other/better way?

Any other "prep work" to do before starting the whole process?

Sorry, I just really don't wanna brick this $600 machine. I am tech-savvy, but a rookie with Android (since 3/17/11) and have never rooted before.
  3. T-Bolt Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Premium Member
    Market will reinstall your apps and backup assistant will do your contacts
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

Privacy setting

Quote Originally Posted by flooritnfly View Post
    Ummmm.....soo.....really stupid question. (But I'd rather ask it then be a moron and screw my TB up).

On the original post page it says the root will wipe all data on TB... How do I back up everything on my phone first? I do not want to lose my apps (well mainly the ones I paid for), contacts, txts, etc. So just a simple copy/paste of the sd card contents to my pc?? Or is there some other/better way?

Sorry, I just really don't wanna brick this $600 machine. I am tech-savvy, but a rookie with Android (since 3/17/11) and have never rooted before.
    If you go to the privacy settings menu, you can set your phone to backup and restore.....apps you bought you can still download from market if you go to my apps in the market.
    Member #
    Phone
    ThunderBolt Rooted 1.8GHz

There is an app to back up your text messages, can't recall the name but if u do a search I'm sure you'll find it

I donít pretend to have all the answers. I donít pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?
    Member #
    Phone
    ThunderBolt Rooted 1.8GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by fryetech View Post
    Is this a one click root or is it similar to fryetech's simi- auto root program?

I just downloaded this and read the batch script. It well written and It pretty much does the same thing just written in a batch script instead.. However I haven't tested it..
    I'm going to be rooting my brother's thunderbolt tomorrow and was thinking of trying this one, but I think ill stick with your program

I donít pretend to have all the answers. I donít pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by fryetech View Post

DroidXcon here,,,,, thanks fryetech. i have added a couple things to the batch file and and posted a newer version up in my original thread

[Auto] Root and Unroot (Windows)**Updated**4/20 - Android Forums

if you could take a look id appreciate any feed back, the biggest problem i am having is maintaining connection, for some reason peoples connections fall out in the middle of the the process and things wont get written. i think there are multiple instances of adb.exe happening aswell.

So with the latest batch i put commands to kill server . i even have adb devices loop until a connection is made.

i tried to look at your method originally but i had no idea what i was looking at so thats when i decided to write my own.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    @ flooritnfly, download sms backup & restore from the market. It's free with a donation button. Works perfectly, runs quick.

Carrier pigeon-ed from my Galaxy S Tab
    Ad astra per alia porci- John Steinbeck.
    No pigs cannot fly, but I am a seventh day porcinist and believe that bacon was brought to us by angels.

Razr, Charge, Thunderbolt, DroidX, Fascinate, OG Droid, GalaxyTab
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

There is an app to back up your text messages, can't recall the name but if u do a search I'm sure you'll find it

Original app:

SMS Backup

Modified app to include MMS:
    SMS Backup +
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Does this work with the newly leaked signed update file?
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links