DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Will there ever be..

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Will there ever be..

This is my first HTC, so I am unfamiliar with roting these devices and previous models. Will there ever be a rooted method for the TB similar to z4root for moto that doesn't involve methods that wipe data and accounts? just curious.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    mkjellgren
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    In terms of an easy, true one-click solution? There wont be one until someone roots the current software. The current root solution involves reverting to and old version, then apply the exploits, then update to the current version. I'm sure its being worked on though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid (vzw)
    i was going to wait for one click, but if u follow the 3 step sticky, it's quite simple.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    You're right, it does seem simple...I haven't done it for the same reason...I don't want to wipe the phone.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid (vzw)
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    You're right, it does seem simple...I haven't done it for the same reason...I don't want to wipe the phone.
    it's not bad. phone's activated already. all ur purchased apps (not free) are in the market, and with 4g u can download them pretty instantaneously. took me maybe 25-30 mins at work to root (with minor distractions and reboots)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by lee__D View Post
    i was going to wait for one click, but if u follow the 3 step sticky, it's quite simple.

yes it is, I have done it already and unrooted due to 3g problems and activation problems. I am liking stock for now. But once hotspot goes billable in may, I will want to root. i jsut don't want to redo all my setting again and would like to back up the image and use TitaniumBU for apps.

On a side note, anyone know if Titanium Back up will restore my bookmarks from my DX to the browser on the TB?

Links