awesome!! thanks man. Well it looks like i have a project to do this weekend.1. everything...ability to customize/maximize the hardware on your phone and remove unwanted stock features you don't need.ive got a total noob question. Being my first android phone ever(), I absolutely love this meat slab of a phone. But being the nerd I am, just using it the way it came is already old. I want more!! lol
I want to root, but first I have a couple of questions:
1. What does one gain by rooting their device over retaining the OEM os, software, ROM ect,?
2. Is there a way to backup your phone after root? Could I still use HTC Sense, and verizon backup assistant?
3. Would an OTA kill my root, or brick my phone?
4. How difficult is it to root using the "one click" method, and how difficult is it to return to OEM?
5. Is there a way to return the phone to 'out-of-box' state, so the insurance people wouldn't freak out if i needed a replacement?
6. This is the doozie. Is there a way to run these devices on pure android 2.3? If so, how hard would it be?
2. titanium backup/google? i've never used either of those you mentioned so I can't comment on what exactly they do...
4. no idea on one click, but if you can get adb setup it's not that hard to root
5. yes, just simply flash the stock rom as you would any other once rooted
6. yes, coming eventually...these things take time.