DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Extended Battery for Thunderbolt

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt 4GLTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcharger06 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BGKris View Post
    Here's a cheapy case I bought off ebay to hold me over until the extended cases are out.
    yea that is what I am going to do with an exacto knife. I'm just going to cut the back so the battery can poke threw. As long as I have the bumper guard around the edge of the screen I'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BGKris View Post
    Took me a whole 2 mins to cut it out with scissors or knife. Great alternative until the cases come out.
    Can someone post more detailed pix of their "cut up" case to fit this battery? I have the VZ silicone case, and it should cut nicely. I would be more comfortable cutting it if I could see more detail around the top of the battery, both on and off the phone. Thanks!
    Jason
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Jason,
    Not a problem. I'll take some better ones tomorrow after work.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by metstang View Post
    I took my 2750mAh battery off of the charger at 4 pm Saturday with 100% charge. I used it all weekend like I normally do, checking forums, Twitter, web surfing, playing angry birds, phone calls etc. GPS and all location services were on. I am also in a strong 4G area. When I went to bed at 11:00 pm Sunday night, I still had 36% left on the battery! This battery is a must for TBolt owners. It doesn't add that much more weight, and I actually find that it is more comfortable to hold while on a call.
    I had that same luck at first....then after the third day my extended battery has gone dead after a normal day of use. I haven't changed the settings at all. Not sure if I have a bad ext battery or not...

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper3686 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metstang View Post
    I took my 2750mAh battery off of the charger at 4 pm Saturday with 100% charge. I used it all weekend like I normally do, checking forums, Twitter, web surfing, playing angry birds, phone calls etc. GPS and all location services were on. I am also in a strong 4G area. When I went to bed at 11:00 pm Sunday night, I still had 36% left on the battery! This battery is a must for TBolt owners. It doesn't add that much more weight, and I actually find that it is more comfortable to hold while on a call.
    I had that same luck at first....then after the third day my extended battery has gone dead after a normal day of use. I haven't changed the settings at all. Not sure if I have a bad ext battery or not...

Sent from my Thunderbolt

my extended battery isn't working right either , i don't know if it's the battery or the thunderbolt. anybody else having problems or has any fixes? i don't want to turn 4g off because i get 4g service most of the time

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by wingdo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post
    Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
    HTC Thunderbolt Verizon 1700mAh 2 Battery+Dock USB CHGR - eBay (item 320679484807 end time May-01-11 15:24:17 PDT)

New battery size available - 1700 mAh. You get 2 and a charger for $50-55. If anyone decides to purchase this set, be sure to let us know how they do. They look like they are made by HTC, and they say Merge and MyTouch 4G on the side, but not Thunderbolt. They do have a photo showing it fitting the Thunderbolt with the stock door though. I am a little hesitant, but these are not the same "cheapos" we've been seeing on ebay so far, so I'm very curious to hear how they perform.
    And yet right in the technical details it says:
    Capacity: 1500 mAh; (Compatible model BD42100,PD42100,35H00142-07M)
    There's a thread on this battery in the tb accessories forum. Someone downloaded an app that displays the battery mAh and the "1700" one displayed at 1350, the same as the stock battery.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm bumming. My ext. Batt died last week. Before that my phone would last 2 days on a single charge.. now I'm barely lucky to do a few hours of heavy use. Ext battery is sold out everywhere.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    I have pretty much had the extended battery since launch, and it goes through weird cycles of lasting long and not lasting so good. My trick is to always charge at night when I'm asleep followed by resetting battery stats every week and doing them nice full charge. Always make sure to charge using a 850 miliamp charger or better (or you will wait forever). The stock charger is a 1amp charger.

I get at least a good sixteen hours of very heavy LTE usage. I'm running a stock kernel with virusrom.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper Daimao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchris123 View Post
    Amazon.com: HTC VERIZON THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE 2x1700mAh Battery better than OEM (35H00142-07M) + Wall Travel Dock USB Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
    HTC Thunderbolt Verizon 1700mAh 2 Battery+Dock USB CHGR - eBay (item 320679484807 end time May-01-11 15:24:17 PDT)

New battery size available - 1700 mAh. You get 2 and a charger for $50-55. If anyone decides to purchase this set, be sure to let us know how they do. They look like they are made by HTC, and they say Merge and MyTouch 4G on the side, but not Thunderbolt. They do have a photo showing it fitting the Thunderbolt with the stock door though. I am a little hesitant, but these are not the same "cheapos" we've been seeing on ebay so far, so I'm very curious to hear how they perform.
    There's a thread on this battery in the tb accessories forum. Someone downloaded an app that displays the battery mAh and the "1700" one displayed at 1350, the same as the stock battery.
    Do you know the name of the app?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by stopswitch View Post
    I have pretty much had the extended battery since launch, and it goes through weird cycles of lasting long and not lasting so good. My trick is to always charge at night when I'm asleep followed by resetting battery stats every week and doing them nice full charge. Always make sure to charge using a 850 miliamp charger or better (or you will wait forever). The stock charger is a 1amp charger.

I get at least a good sixteen hours of very heavy LTE usage. I'm running a stock kernel with virusrom.
    Then the stock charger (1 amp as you said) is more than the 850 ma you suggested.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostofdavid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper Daimao View Post

Do you know the name of the app?
    Battery Monitor Widget by 3c06
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Links