DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What brand of screen protector will you get for your ThunderBolt?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seidio

15 11.28%
  • Skinomi

4 3.01%
  • Zagg

32 24.06%
  • Steinheil

33 24.81%
  • Clarivue

0 0%
  • Phantom Skinz

1 0.75%
  • Boxwave

2 1.50%
  • Ghost Armor

5 3.76%
  • Other

17 12.78%
  • None, I'm going naked!

24 18.05%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt

Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

What brand of screen protector will everyone be getting for their ThunderBolt?
    Will you go with a dry application or wet application?
    Will you go with an anti-glare or anti-fingerprint?
    Or will you choose to go naked? The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof, so you are taking a risk by doing so.
    And why did you make that choice? Through my research so far, people seem to have a lot of varying opinions.
    Are there any better companies out there for this type of accessory not listed?

Note - (I'm assuming that these companies will all make versions for the TB, which might not end up being the case).
    Last edited by guitarchris123; 04-05-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    "These are the Droids you're looking for..."

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BTGGTR1
    Phone
    Droid X
    I think I'm gonna try the Seidio screen protectors Chris, I was looking at them, the innocases, and that 1600 mah battery they sell for the 'Bolt, so I'll probably order all three. I love my Droid innocase so I think I'll stay with Seidio. Hopefully it won't make the 'Bolt too much bigger than it already is.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by leonozug View Post
    I think I'm gonna try the Seidio screen protectors Chris, I was looking at them, the innocases, and that 1600 mah battery they sell for the 'Bolt, so I'll probably order all three. I love my Droid innocase so I think I'll stay with Seidio. Hopefully it won't make the 'Bolt too much bigger than it already is.
    I'm considering doing the exact same thing as you, just to make it easy. The battery is not available yet, but you can pre-order the protector and case to be shipped on 2/18 I think. The battery fits in the same door, and the cases supposedly do not add a lot of bulk (for a case).

However, I'm open to trying other options as well based on what people have to say about the protectors.
    Last edited by guitarchris123; 02-16-2011 at 05:08 AM.
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I've had Zagg since my BB Storm. Expensive, but they are 100% what they market. I've had one on my OG Droid since 11/09 and haven't had any problems, obviously no scratches, haven't had to take it off and put on a new one. I trust em
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Which company provides best anti-fingerprint?
    Common Misconception:
    Leaving your GPS on drains battery.
    Truth is: GPS is only used when you open an application that requires it. You can leave GPS toggled on at all times.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by want a droid View Post
    Which company provides best anti-fingerprint?
    No clue, haven't really looked into each one yet, I just kind of made a list and put this out there so I could find out what other people think who have used them before over an extended period of time.

I just want something clear, smooth, thin, durable, not too expensive, easy application, no bubbling, etc. Anti-glare and fingerprint would be nice, but I have no idea whether these features detract in any way from any of the above requirements, or whether it makes no difference.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    I have an anti-glare/fingerprint on my D2 right now and it is awesome. Love not seeing fingerprints.

HTC ThunderBolt Anti-Fingerprint, Anti Glare - Matte Finishing Screen Protector ( 3 Pack )

^Got a pack of 3 for $4.56 (use coupon code: htc20phones)

Not sure what the quality will be like, but less than $5 is worth it to have when I get my phone.
    Common Misconception:
    Leaving your GPS on drains battery.
    Truth is: GPS is only used when you open an application that requires it. You can leave GPS toggled on at all times.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    zagg on my D1 since i got it. $15 lifetime warranty. replaced once cause i knicked it with my keys. glass was fine of course. if u need to replace they put $15 hold on your account. u get new one. send back pieces and they refund right away. however not sure yet with bolt. i like this thread. gives me other options to explore.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Seems like ZAGG is winning so far, followed by Seidio. I've decided to go with the Seidio after reading a lot of negative reviews about ZAGG products, ranging from orange peel effect (bumps), peeling, bubbling, difficulty of application, fear of using liquid solution on electronic device, high price, etc. The patented material and free replacement sounds great, and it does protect the screen really well if you can overcome all of the above. I might try Boxwave too at some point after the Seidio when they finally come out, or see what else is out there after a few months of this phone being on the market. I'm steering away from anything with a wet-application, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

It seem like a lot of people plan on going without a screen protector or case. Sure, the body and glass on the TB will be quite durable, but I want to be able to get a high resale value on this device in 1 year, so I am going to protect my investment from scratches and drops.

I also read a tip online for applying screen protectors. Do it in the bathroom after running the hot water in the shower for a little while. The steam will help prevent hair or dust from getting caught underneath between the time you remove the protective backing and apply it.
    Last edited by guitarchris123; 02-19-2011 at 11:38 PM.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC ThunderBolt
    SGP HTC ThunderBol

The Steinheil SGP Ultra series are available now, and look like some really good alternatives to the others available already. They have Ultra-Clear (very hard, crystal-clear,, naked look), Ultra-Fine (matte finish, no glare or fingerprints - which is what sold me), and Ultra-Oleophobic (anti-oil) models. I bought the SGP "Ultra-Fine" instead of Seidio. Dry installation is easy (watch YouTube videos for iPhone installations), comes with 2 per package and handy dust remover stickers.
    Last edited by guitarchris123; 02-27-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Links