DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 65 of 153 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" Beautiful Widgets Skinning Thread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by blue rocket View Post
    with my most recent version, I think i've truly got it as close as possible minus the animations!
    love the work and i cant wait to try the newest version
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Old man Droid CM6 - Incognito
    Quote Originally Posted by shademar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loop4zil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loop4zil View Post
    Wish there was a BW Skin that would match the smoky look of BB 7.5. I tried em all and I can't find a Beautiful Widgets Skin that I like better than the Weather Widget donate original skin.

I find that the BW smoked glass style widgets to shiny for my tastes. Just my opinion.

Any suggestions for BW skins to run on my current look?

Shademar...check out your beautiful glass on my droid! NICE WORK
    Excellent! I was asking the same question about a smoked glass themed skin earlier in the thread, and decided to try the DIY route when it seemed that no one had tackled it yet.

Thanks to Tama for making the process so accessible!

Not to be greedy or anything...but a smoked glass theme for the Pure Grid Calendar and Pure grid messenger would be preettty sweet...say the 4X3 size... I wonder if some brave soul would take that on.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Another thing i will mention is that since this is for personal use only, and i never use my phone in landscape i havent changed the wide versions...personally i just dont care to take the effort for something I will never use. It still looks fine, but does not incorporate the thinner panels. Lastly, i use programs to optimize the PNG files for the smallest possible size, this helps increase performance and keep the memory used by BW as low as possible. Using the native PNG files that photoshop produces arent always optimal, skin designers should take that into account when releasing their skins if they want to release the best quality skins they can.

Hey blue, what do you use to optimize .png files? I was looking for something like that last night.

Not to be greedy or anything...but a smoked glass theme for the Pure Grid Calendar and Pure grid messenger would be preettty sweet...say the 4X3 size... I wonder if some brave soul would take that on.
    I'd thought the same...I'll take a look at the files tonight to see if I can do anything.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gotta have that funk View Post
    once you post that one with the white baniels font that's what im using for good.

here's mine with the first set you posted..

Did you mean to attach something?

The absence of punctuation makes it hard for me to know if you are requesting a white version of the digital themes I've been making. Is that correct?

That would make a red and a white on my list. Probably get to them both this weekend if not sooner.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    no i was telling shademar that once he posts the version with your numbers in white i'd be keeping it on for good.

the picture was just for people to see it with a smoked glass launcher..

but yes, the white version shademar put with digitalglass is awesome looking. not sure if you really need to add it to the list if he just sends it to you. it looks perfect.
    Last edited by gotta have that funk; 02-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.
  6. Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shademar View Post

Another thing i will mention is that since this is for personal use only, and i never use my phone in landscape i havent changed the wide versions...personally i just dont care to take the effort for something I will never use. It still looks fine, but does not incorporate the thinner panels. Lastly, i use programs to optimize the PNG files for the smallest possible size, this helps increase performance and keep the memory used by BW as low as possible. Using the native PNG files that photoshop produces arent always optimal, skin designers should take that into account when releasing their skins if they want to release the best quality skins they can.

Hey blue, what do you use to optimize .png files? I was looking for something like that last night.
    I use two windows programs called PNGOUT and PNGCrush. Problem is all my designing is done on a MAC, so i always have to boot into Bootcamp to do the optimization...PITA but worth it in the end!
    Last edited by blue rocket; 02-17-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    *Click Here to View all of our unique ANDROID products*
    GRFXP.com on FaceBook! /// GRFXP.com on Twitter! /// GRFXP.com on YouTube!
  7. Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Here's my final version of the HTC Sense UI style clock skin for Beautiful Widgets.

Fully Optimized PNG files, laser-crisp quality, designed by GRAFIXPRESSIONS.com! Hope you guys & girls like it!

Shameless Plug: Stop by our website to see our collection of Droid related decals! http://www.grafixpressions.com/android.shtml

Download: http://drp.ly/qv64P
    Last edited by blue rocket; 02-17-2010 at 07:45 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    no ones gonna be able to make a cleaner sense skin than that. especially not one that looks like the hd2 because you just cant make the white boxes that thin on bw...great work rocket.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    *ahem*

perfection...

10. Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotta have that funk View Post
    no ones gonna be able to make a cleaner sense skin than that. especially not one that looks like the hd2 because you just cant make the white boxes that thin on bw...great work rocket.
    thanks for the comment, i appreciate it. But please redownload it...i noticed my background was 1px off and it bothered me!
Page 65 of 153 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Links